PDA

View Full Version : Awning Arm Wire Covers

canesfan
04-23-2017, 07:45 AM
One of the plastic strips that slide up into the fixed awning arm that covers the wiring disappeared on a recent trip. I knew it was loose and was planning on fixing it somehow but never got a chance. I'm trying to find a new one but am coming up empty since I can't figure out what to actually search for. Any suggestions? I need a black one.

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 07:51 AM
X2.. also interested, lost think two of those

chuckster57
04-23-2017, 07:56 AM
You need to know the brand of awning, and the part number of the awning arm. Covers come in different widths so it's important to get the part number on the arm. If there isn't one then the tube or fabric will have model/serial numbers needed.

Once you have that info, you should be able to go to the manufacturer's website.

canesfan
04-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll get the info off the awning when it stops raining in a couple days. I was just looking at the label last trip out and think it's a Dometic 9XXX something but I'll have to double check. What is the proper name for them?

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Thanks, it's Dometic and I have the arm number. Will have to call them. Was hoping it was standard and did not have to go back to the original mfg which is generally more $$$$

canesfan
04-23-2017, 08:06 AM
What's the arm number? Mine is a 9100 model pretty sure.

canesfan
04-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Just looking around in general here's some.
http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-basement-power-awning-black-replacement-wire-covers.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&gclid=CLT54Yf7utMCFVVtfgodWlANMw

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 08:15 AM
Looks like Dometic # for arms is 8952001 for both of my side awnings which are 917ft15 and 917ft12

chuckster57
04-23-2017, 08:16 AM
What's the arm number? Mine is a 9100 model pretty sure.

There should be a tag on the inside of the outer arm.

sourdough
04-23-2017, 08:20 AM
If you're talking about the little plastic sliding covers inside the awning arms I just took a drop of silicone on both sides to keep mine in - no problem since and the drop of silicone will come off easily.

canesfan
04-23-2017, 08:25 AM
Well when it stops raining I can get the arm number and measure the remaining cover I still have. The link I posted ^ above has several different lengths and widths listed.

Sourdough, thanks, I was thinking of a small screw but I like your idea.

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 08:33 AM
If you're talking about the little plastic sliding covers inside the awning arms I just took a drop of silicone on both sides to keep mine in - no problem since and the drop of silicone will come off easily.

That is exactly what I did BUT after I had already lost two:facepalm:, silicone seems to work for the other remaining

Canesfan: the numbers I just gave you are off my original build list

canesfan
04-23-2017, 08:39 AM
How many do you have? I only have one on each awning, the side without wires has no cover...or they disappeared before I got it. So why not just take the ones that aren't really covering anything and move them to the wired arms?

I'll post the dimensions when I get them.

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 08:52 AM
How many do you have? I only have one on each awning, the side without wires has no cover...or they disappeared before I got it. So why not just take the ones that aren't really covering anything and move them to the wired arms?

I'll post the dimensions when I get them.

Getting aggravated thought I had all this stuff organized, can not seem to find folder on awning stuff :facepalm: Mine originally had covers on all arms regardless of wires run up that arm or not.

Lets think about this, where would an old man put it? awnings so maybe "A" let me go look under Axles :facepalm:

canesfan; when and if I find this folder plenty of numbers there, do not ask :banghead:

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 09:12 AM
Yeap found some more under axles :facepalm: a folder titled AWNING :banghead:

Okay same numbers I gave in the previous post, in addition to those the number on the roll is 9100E. okay, enough of this for awhile need to eat and get a drink:eek:

canesfan
04-23-2017, 10:32 AM
A is for... Adult Beverage. I ran out in between rain drops and just quickly roughly measured mine. It appears to be 1-3/4" by about 20" without pulling it all the way out. That would be close to the 18" one here http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-basement-power-awning-black-replacement-wire-covers.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&gclid=CLT54Yf7utMCFVVtfgodWlANMw But it looks from their page that you have to buy all 7. It says "Included 7 trim pieces". But I doubt you'd get all 7 for $14. And why would you need 7 different sizes??? And shipping is $10. Ugh. Time for an adult beverage.

chuckster57
04-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Different lengths to account for the pivot points, and strut. You can (I have) trim to length.

canesfan
04-23-2017, 11:26 AM
Different lengths to account for the pivot points, and strut. You can (I have) trim to length.

No, I understand that. It looks like they are selling you 7 different sizes in one "kit" when you only need 1 or 2, most likely the same size. You're not going to use 7 different sizes widths/lengths on one trailer.

chuckster57
04-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Probably to "cover" all the possibilities. 7 pieces for $14.00 is about right.

canesfan
04-23-2017, 11:51 AM
In reality, 7 pieces for $14 seems about right to me, too. Plus tack on shipping. Think I'll make a few phone calls Monday and see if I can get just the one I need. I have enough spare RV parts as it is I can open a store. Otherwise a trip to HD might be in order.

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Maybe I will call a dealer and see if he has any laying around?? Or there is a dealer near the campsite we are going to in about two weeks

canesfan
04-23-2017, 12:12 PM
^^^ There's an idea. Call my dealer and drive 8 hours round trip. They'd probably give it to me. Only cost me fuel and time. :D

Think I might add that to the list of things to do next time I'm over that way...in October.

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Wow too far!! What about a dealer near you or do you live on a remote farm :eek: Not my priority, your post just reminded me of it. Have basement opened up so before I close it going to run some extra RG6 and a few 12VDC power runs, etc. Need to get at least on new 12V line back to garage.

canesfan
04-23-2017, 12:33 PM
^^^ You haven't run that 12V line YET??? JEEZ, what have you been doing??? :lol:

gearhead
04-27-2017, 04:07 AM
My front cover blew off fairly early. Mega dealer in Houston ordered new one and mailed it to me. A couple dabs of silicone has lasted 3 years.