PDA

View Full Version : Bunk TV mount install

Mij
05-22-2011, 07:26 AM
I had planned on mounting a 22" LCD for my daughter so bought a tilt mount (not a swivel). After I had everything and looking at the entertainment center, found the the veiwing angle sucked without being able to swivel left to right. So I mounted it anyway but left the foot stand on the tv and mounted it so the tv rests on the foot so as not to pull on the mount. So when we are using the tv I can lift it off the mount (slots in mount as seen in pics) and change to whatever angle I want and the can reattach the tv to wall when we are traveling. I will probably buy another mount and if I can get it wired will just take that tv outside and hang it up.

WaitingToRetire
06-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I like this idea. I have a similar problem and was thinking about what to do. I don't really want to spend the $50-ish for a swivel mount just for the kids bedroom that's only gonna get used on rainy days.

Thanks for the idea!
Chad

The Sod Father
06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I like this idea. I have a similar problem and was thinking about what to do. I don't really want to spend the $50-ish for a swivel mount just for the kids bedroom that's only gonna get used on rainy days.

Thanks for the idea!
ChadHave you tried monoprice.com? They have great prices on wall mounts, cables, etc. You can get a tilt and swivel wall bracket for a 30lb tv that is under $15. Their stuff is top quality. I recently bought a tilt telescoping mount for my 42" plasma. I mounted it on the wall and tested it by doing chin ups on it. I weigh 240lbs. No problem.

WaitingToRetire
06-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Have you tried monoprice.com? They have great prices on wall mounts, cables, etc. You can get a tilt and swivel wall bracket for a 30lb tv that is under $15. Their stuff is top quality. I recently bought a tilt telescoping mount for my 42" plasma. I mounted it on the wall and tested it by doing chin ups on it. I weigh 240lbs. No problem.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. $15 is much better than the "other" stores I've seen.
Chad