PDA

View Full Version : Outside step light cover missing?????

Softball19
04-22-2017, 02:13 AM
On our 359MBI there is an LED light on the back vertical section where the outside steps fold up into. I noticed that there is no cover over the light itself, I can see the green circuitry and the led. I have looked at the way this light is mounted and do not see a way that a cover would be able to be used.

My question is, should this light have a cover? Or, is this just the way Keystone installs this particular light?

I have asked the person I dealt with when purchasing the rig, but have not received an answer as of yet. May have to contact the service department to see if the can find out the answer.

JRTJH
04-22-2017, 04:25 AM
On my trailer that light is the same light fixture as the clearance lights. It has an orange cover on it. You might snap off one of your clearance light covers to see if it's the same on yours. ????

sourdough
04-22-2017, 10:12 AM
On my trailer that light is the same light fixture as the clearance lights. It has an orange cover on it. You might snap off one of your clearance light covers to see if it's the same on yours. ????

^^^ Mine is the same.

canesfan
04-22-2017, 10:15 AM
^^^ Mine is the same, running light fixture. Regular bulb though, not LED. Why in the world did they use half LEDs and half Non LEDs both inside and out??? Yeah, I know, never mind.

I actually added stick on LED strips under both doors, used the wiring from the ugly step light for the front and ran a wire to the back. Now they match the awning lights...or did, until the awning lights died. :(

PARAPTOR
04-22-2017, 10:30 AM
^^^ Mine is the same, running light fixture. Regular bulb though, not LED. Why in the world did they use half LEDs and half Non LEDs both inside and out??? Yeah, I know, never mind.

I actually added stick on LED strips under both doors, used the wiring from the ugly step light for the front and ran a wire to the back. Now they match the awning lights...or did, until the awning lights died. :(

Oh yes, one day looked up on front nose, running light cover gone??? Used lens from the light behind steps as a temp fix :facepalm: Done with playing with LED replacements at least till next therapy session !!:banghead:

Ken / Claudia
04-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Your question about contacting the service dept. YES. When you need help, the salesman who sold you your, car, truck, RV, boat may be of some help but, why contact someone who needs to ask the service dept. guys, who are in a different dept. than recontact you with the answer. But, as you read this you understand asking questions on here is good and normally real good advice.