PDA

View Full Version : Interior Decoration - A Feminine Touch

jerseyphil
05-21-2011, 10:57 AM
OMG, I love our Cougar 318SAB just the way it is, but my wife is insistant on redecorating it. She loves the floorplan, but hates the walls and the fabric on the couch and bed cover. I am soooooo worried she is going to make it too "girlie".

Anybody else have this problem?

HHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!

laidback
05-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Phil, I know the feeling. So far the TV in the bedroom has been mounted on the wall, dining room chairs replaced, sofa gone looking for another recliner. That way they can be strapped in the slide. The recliner thats in here is not the original. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

Johnnyfry
05-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Hey,
This is your portable home. You really want it to be as good as it gets. Does your DW do "girlie" at home? Go for a good recliner!

John

hankpage
05-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Phil, A little bit of "Girlie" is OK in the trailer but, I draw the line in MY TRUCK! :rolleyes: And she said I'm allowed to say that.. :D To answer your question ... Yes, I have one too .... FYI the shower stall is a good place to store the potted plants while traveling ... so they don't make a mess when I hit those bumps that I should avoid. Enjoy your new vacation HOME, Hank ............ Maybe it's a Jersey thing

jerseyphil
05-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Hey,
This is your portable home. You really want it to be as good as it gets. Does your DW do "girlie" at home? Go for a good recliner!

John

I'm just your basic guy. Simple and functional makes me happy. YES, at home, every room is decorated by my wife, EXCEPT my woodshop and my walk-in closet in the bedroom. She has her own walk-in closet.

And, of course, my TRUCK is my domain. Absolutely NO girlie stuff there.

I suppose it is a good thing. If I were decorating, there wouldn't BE any real decoration.... well, maybe a few pictures of sports cars - Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche.

Phil

jerseyphil
05-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Phil, A little bit of "Girlie" is OK in the trailer but, I draw the line in MY TRUCK! :rolleyes: And she said I'm allowed to say that.. :D To answer your question ... Yes, I have one too .... FYI the shower stall is a good place to store the potted plants while traveling ... so they don't make a mess when I hit those bumps that I should avoid. Enjoy your new vacation HOME, Hank ............ Maybe it's a Jersey thing

Hank, the plants in the shower is a great idea. Thanks!
That's funny...... a Jersey thing......"How you doooooin?"
Phil

jerseyphil
05-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Phil, I know the feeling. So far the TV in the bedroom has been mounted on the wall, dining room chairs replaced, sofa gone looking for another recliner. That way they can be strapped in the slide. The recliner thats in here is not the original. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

I've managed to hold off my wife on the changes so far, but it is coming for sure. You've had lots of changes already on your 2011 unit.

Wow, like me, you also have a 2011 318SAB. I love this unit. The floor plan is fabulous! And I can't believe it, but the only fix I had to do since buying it is put one extra screw in the free standing dinette to secure the base a little better. Everything works beautifully- AC, heating, all ductwork is good, water heater, etc. Nice job, Keystone!!
Phil

Johnnyfry
05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes, I agree, the 318SAB has a near perfect floor plan. Love the desk & fold aside LCDTV. Bedroom set up is about as good as it gets--I am putting in an outlet to accommodate the electric blanket, however.

The way that the recliners store is the pits and I plan on replacing with lighter Euro recliners soon. The 2 brown ones that I have are nearly new and are FOR SALE if anyone lives near Washington,DC is interested.

We plan on heading off to the West coast for 6 months by end of June.

John

jerseyphil
05-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Yes, I agree, the 318SAB has a near perfect floor plan. Love the desk & fold aside LCDTV. Bedroom set up is about as good as it gets--I am putting in an outlet to accommodate the electric blanket, however.

The way that the recliners store is the pits and I plan on replacing with lighter Euro recliners soon. The 2 brown ones that I have are nearly new and are FOR SALE if anyone lives near Washington,DC is interested.

We plan on heading off to the West coast for 6 months by end of June.

John

In my 318, there is an outlet in the bedroom just inside the left sliding mirrored closet door. You could plug the electric blanket in there, but I agree a more convenient outlet would work better.

Johnnyfry
05-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Thanks Phil,

I never looked there and it would be very convenient.

Thanks very much,

John

jerseyphil
05-25-2011, 05:26 AM
Thanks Phil,

I never looked there and it would be very convenient.

Thanks very much,

John

I feel good that I helped. I've been helped by many people here. What a great forum.

Regards,
Phil

suza
06-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Hank, the plants in the shower is a great idea. Thanks!
That's funny...... a Jersey thing......"How you doooooin?"
Phil

We carry anything that might be "messy" in the shower while towing.

BTW, I have throw pillows on the sofa and pillow shams on the bed - all decorative, but also useful ;)