PDA

View Full Version : Slide seal

Rubicon100
04-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Hi all, We got home from our second time out and when we got home the back stereo speaker was hanging out of the ceiling. I got a step ladder and when I was working on the speaker I noticed that the inside wiper seal for the slide out was hanging half way off and laying on top of the slide roof. I'm not much for waiting on warranty work so I decided that I would take care of it. The thing is now I think I'm going to try and straighten out the motor, if you look at it, it's crooked and putting tension on the cables. I'll post a picture so you guys can see what I'm looking at. Dan

Rubicon100
04-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Here is the speaker. It's on the opposite side of the slide from the loose seal but luckily I was looking up top and seen the seal laying there.

Mwoods321
04-16-2017, 11:46 PM
Seal work can be pricey. If your still in warranty, I'd get your dealer to take care of it, if it is not , doesn't hurt to try. I've not seen the motors visible on any of my past trailers so I wouldn't know what to comment on that. Good luck though.

Tbos
04-17-2017, 04:33 PM
What did you do to remove the fascia to access the top of the slide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rubicon100
04-17-2017, 05:22 PM
There were two wood screws in the center of the trim and the rest was staples and pin nails. I just went really slow and took my time. I put it back together with staples and a little caulk, looks like new again.