PDA

View Full Version : Antennae doesn't work and fridge coded after one day of use. 2017 Avalanche 365mb.

Sue from WI
04-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Hi....we are at a permanent campsite with our new 2017 avalanche 365mb and can't get the tv to work. It won't pick up any channels. We think the antennae isn't hooked up way up by antennae somewhere. Also, our fridge dies after one day!! The error code stated that it was not user fixable. Any ideas or did this happen to anyone else.? I am sick about it. :nonono::nonono:

hankpage
04-16-2017, 11:06 AM
First, welcome to the family. As for the antenna, is the booster turned on??? One of the wall plates (or ceiling) will have a small button, when pressed a small light will come on. With that light on antenna will work ... with light off cable input will be sent to tv if available.
Since I don't know what fridge you have I can't help there but is covered under warranty. Hank

Sue from WI
04-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Yes...booster button was pushed in. We have had other trailers so this we knew. It works with a small rabbit ear antennae so we think the connection tomantennae up on top is not being made. Not sure on brand of fridge is Norcold.

chuckster57
04-16-2017, 12:48 PM
Most common causes:
Coax not attached
Center signal wire cut short
Whisker grounding out signal.

Some quick easy diagnosis steps:

Turn booster ON. If you can get to the coax end at the antenna, remove it. Using a Volt/Ohm test voltage from center wire to connector-should see 12VDC. DO NOT ground the center and connector together or you WILL pop a fuse. If you don't have 12V the issue is between the booster and the roof. If there is 12V the issue is probably
between the booster and the TV.

If you can remove the booster plate, with the coax still disconnected from the roof antenna, disconnect the ant in coax from the booster. Test for continuity between signal and connector. Any continuity is bad.
I have special testers that make this a lot quicker.