PDA

View Full Version : Opening slides while hooked to TV

sandy43
04-15-2017, 10:10 AM
What do you think about opening all the slides out while hooked-up to the truck? How many of you do this? Personally I'd rather have the jacks down before slides come out. Thanks

sourdough
04-15-2017, 10:20 AM
I've put the slides out while hooked to the truck but I always put the stabilizers down and level side to side.

NorskeBob
04-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Without a 6 point leveling system - - I did it when we are staying for the night and I don't want to unhook. Try to get it level side to side. I put the front legs down just enough to put some load on them. Then - if you have rear stab. jacks put them down. No put the slides out.

With the 6 point system I would think you should put some load on the front legs and then put the 4 rear legs down enough to pick up a little load. This would all be done "manually" vs "auto level". Then put the slides out. Our new RV has the six point system and that is what I will try to do.

MattHelm21
04-15-2017, 04:06 PM
I did this in my last fifth wheel without 6 point leveling. Best scenario is if everything is level to start with then go for it. If you intend to do any side to side leveling then make sure there is enough tolerance in the side to side rocking of your hitch so you don't impart a twist to it or the trailer frame.

rhagfo
04-15-2017, 05:45 PM
No reason not to, TV and trailer should be as close to level as practical. Trailer will not tip over, and as long as very close to level no harm no foul.

Ken / Claudia
04-15-2017, 10:49 PM
I do it all the time with this trailer and the last 1 I had. Both have a single slide in the 8ft length range. The trailers are made to support the weight with the slide out. I did ask that question on the last RV and dealer said no problem. Neither looks or feels as the trailer tilts down with out putting the jacks down. It could be different with a large slide.

gearhead
04-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Done it many times for a one nighter if somewhat level. Go for it. Have fun. Rock & roll.