PDA

View Full Version : Rv linoleum tear

Mwoods321
04-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Hello all,
We have a 2016 Cougar 333mks. The larger slide caught on the flooring and tore it. Triangle shape tear about two inches on each side. Dealer readjusted slide and we are now using "slide slickers" to help with it. My question is what do you all recommend to repair the tear? The flooring is nice looking but is very soft and is easily dented. Thank you in adance.

chuckster57
04-15-2017, 04:45 AM
There is a linoleum product called seam seal. It may work on your tear. I have patched floors, but you will need to match the pattern and that usually requires a 6 ft length for pattern repeat.

vampress_me
04-15-2017, 06:18 AM
If it's in warranty, I would take it to your dealer to have fixed by them, at their expense. This is what I did when our slide tore our linoleum. If it's not under warranty, stop in at a reputable flooring store and ask if they have a repair person. When asked, our dealer said they just had a linoleum installer/ repairer come in and fix it. And I have to say, you have to have your nose on the floor to even figure out where it was fixed. They did a really good job and 3 years later it still looks great, even though it's in a higher traffic area back to the bunks.

Mwoods321
04-15-2017, 10:48 AM
I appreciate the info. No longer a warranty issue. I'll check for some flooring guys.

Steve079
04-17-2017, 07:40 PM
You might be able to use some of the material from your storage area, most of these vinyls, are put down with PSA adhesive. The adhesive stays tacky, so if you can find a section in your storage area that will look better then your tear, you can cut out a section and peel it up, perhaps with a little heat from a heat gun, or blow dryer. Tape it in place over the tear, and cut thru both layers. The new piece should fit right into the spot where the tear used to be.
You can find seam sealers at Lowe's or a flooring supply house, you want a 2 part sealer for urethane floors. Lots of different brands, but they do the same job. They are just a coating formulated to stick to urethane wear layers.

Most flooring stores have small samples of in stock vinyls, you may find one that will work to fix the donor site in the storage area. Do the repair in the storage area first, for a little practice. If it doesn't work, at least you haven't cut your main living area floor.