PDA

View Full Version : AGM batteries

cscorrell
04-14-2017, 12:01 PM
We have a 2016 High Country 353RL with 2 12 volt interstate batteries that are already bad. We are considering replacing with 6 volt AGM batteries. A dealer just told me that I needed to make sure the charging system would work with AGM batteries. Does anyone know if the high country will work with AGM batteries?

sourdough
04-14-2017, 02:26 PM
We have a 2016 High Country 353RL with 2 12 volt interstate batteries that are already bad. We are considering replacing with 6 volt AGM batteries. A dealer just told me that I needed to make sure the charging system would work with AGM batteries. Does anyone know if the high country will work with AGM batteries?

This is what the Optima website says"

"Different chargers. Different capabilities. Under normal conditions most 12-volt automatic battery chargers will work on an AGM battery. Many newer battery chargers have settings specifically for AGM batteries; some even have separate settings"

That said, I'm not an expert on AGM batteries and made the decision to go with new lead acid interstates on our trailer after talking to the guy at the interstate store and discussing charging. It sounded like it could cause a problem and I didn't want anymore "what the heck?" moments.