PDA

View Full Version : Leaves stuck on LAP sealant

CrazyCain
04-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Weird question i guess....Warm/cold/warm/cold all winter here.. windy seems like evr day..Leaves blowing around, getting stuck on LAP sealant, can't get them off.. will that do the LAP sealant any harm..??

:rolleyes:

JRTJH
04-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Leaves are organic material. Organic stuff can support mold growth. If it were me, I'd wait for a "non-windy day" and use a razorblade/knife to trim away the leaves and then reapply sealant over the "trimmed areas.

CrazyCain
04-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Leaves are organic material. Organic stuff can support mold growth. If it were me, I'd wait for a "non-windy day" and use a razorblade/knife to trim away the leaves and then reapply sealant over the "trimmed areas.

Sounds good, Thanks John

chuckster57
04-08-2017, 05:32 PM
If the leaves are just on the surface, I'm not so sure it would cause harm to the lap sealant.

Using ANY sharp edged tool on the roof requires great caution. I might worry less about the chance of surface mold than slipping while trimming and slicing the membrane...Just my thoughts.

JRTJH
04-08-2017, 05:42 PM
One thing at a time, Chuckster.... NEVER try walking and chewing gum at the same time..... :hide: LOL

chuckster57
04-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I meant the knife slipping. I usually use the seated or kneeling position when cutting lap sealant.

CrazyCain
04-08-2017, 06:43 PM
LOL, yep, wont touch a knife right now, just yesterday i was using a knife to cut a zip tie, it slipped and ended up at the ER getting 8 stiches from a 2" pretty deep and meaty cut i gave myself between the thumb and index finger...Maybe a good washing will get em off, but we will see...Knife is put away safely..

chuckster57
04-08-2017, 07:07 PM
OUCH!! Take care, the roof can wait.