PDA

View Full Version : Passport Exterior Rear Panel Question

campdaddy
04-07-2017, 01:49 AM
We recently purchased a Passport 2670 bh and on our second trip camping this year I noticed the rear exterior of the panel can be moved as if it is loose. This may be normal, but just hadn't noticed until recently. It appears to be just a thin layer of fiberglass panel and you can push on it with your hand. Does not move a lot, but has some flex to it. Love the camper, just curious. Also the newer small black Dometic Thermostat operates weird. When using the heat, the A/C comes on first and runs for a while. I can't seem to get the heat only to work. Any comments appreciated. Thanks!

chuckster57
04-07-2017, 02:21 AM
Welcome to the forum!!

Your rear wall is what's called a floating wall. It's normal and nothing to worry about.

Thermostat: make sure the fan is set to Auto. If the fan is set to hi or lo, the A/C fan will operate with the furnace.

busterbrown
04-07-2017, 02:31 AM
Your Keystone Passport was engineered with a free floating fiberglass panel. It may have several inches of flex, which is completely normal. This verses the design of the sides of the coach where the walls are vacuum bonded or pinched rolled and feel very rigid.

Regarding the AC fan, it's completely normal too. There are several settings to be aware of with your RV's HVAC system.

Your Dometic thermostat operates like this:

Use the On/Off Mode button to select FAN. Then use the +/- button to select either Hi, Lo or Auto.

When using the AC and the fan is in the Hi or Lo setting, it will run continuously while the compressor will cycle on and off. In the Auto mode the fan will cycle on and off as well.

When using the furnace (heat) and the fan is set on Hi or Lo, it will run continuously. If in auto mode, the A/C fan will turn off when the furnace cycles off.

You can leave the AC fan running while using the furnace to help circulate the heat. That's what we do.

Tbos
04-07-2017, 04:58 AM
I own a Passport and confirm all that has been posted to this point. Enjoy.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW