PDA

View Full Version : Satellite antenna mount on TT tongue

theallde
04-06-2017, 02:58 PM
I wanted an easier way to setup our DISH satellite antenna whether it be every night or staying in the campsite for several days.

In doing research, I found the JACK-IT (see Trailer Life April 2017 page 65) by “Let’s Go Aero” (www.letsgoaero.com) and Lippert Components. Although it is a bicycle carrier, I modified it, with the help from a local welder, to hold our satellite antenna.

I can mount the antenna in two positions – up close to the trailer for traveling or directly over the tongue jack for maximum satellite coverage while at the campsite plus easy access to the propane tanks. If the satellite is unable to obtain a signal, all I do is unlock the security cable, lift the satellite antenna and attach the tripod legs.

I have ran and attached the coaxial cable under the travel trailer so it is easy to connect once the campsite is set up – just unwrap the two wrapped Velcro ends, connect the ends (one to the trailer and the other to the antenna.

Since the JACK-IT is attached to the tongue frame via the tongue jack, it is very stable. I can grab the satellite antenna handle on the DISH and when I shake it the entire travel trailer moves.

We start our 3,000 mile vacation in July so I’ll update this post when we return.

I have sent an email and the pictures to Marty Williams at Let’s Go Aero providing him with the production idea and he was very interested.

If you are interested in being able to purchase a JACK-IT satellite antenna setup, email Marty at [email protected] to tell him your interest.

If you have any questions, please post and I’ll try to answer them …… Don

slow
04-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Don,

The mount is an excellent idea! It will eliminate the hassle of "putting out" the dish after every TT move and still has the flexibility to move it for a better signal.

Tbos
04-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk