PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pa. New 1st time RV owner here

cvmajoker
04-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone.
My wife and I are new to being RV owners other then the pop up camper we owned last year. This year we decided to go bigger and bought a Brand new Hideout which is not de winterized yet. Having never owned and RV before I really have no idea how anything works other then what the dealer told me and what I have read in the owners manual and of course watching videos on youtube of how to de winterize. I dont even know yet how to work the black and grey tanks of our rv. I am sure it will be interested in a couple weeks when we take the rv to the camping resort we are members of out in Jefferson Ohio. It's called Millbrook resort. I am going to try de winterizing it this weekend or next weekend and see how well that goes.. Have a great evening everyone

PARAPTOR
04-06-2017, 02:36 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Hideout!! Enjoy !! :bdance:

In May we will be just northeast of your camping site at Pymatuning Adventure Resort

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

ADDED: Just take your time, as far as dewinterizing thought about in myself then just heard the news, possible SNOW

cvmajoker
04-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Thanks Raptor. At home we are about 20 minutes away from Pymatuning

K.C. Jones
04-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum cvmajoker and good luck with your new Hideout!! We really like ours. What model did you get? RV ownership is new to me also.
I de-winterized our Hideout a week ago. I've already had 2 showers and brushed my teeth...
Anyhow, lots of Great Info to be had here..

Have A Great Day!!

K.C.

Tbos
04-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new Hideout. If you have any questions just ask. Someone will speak up and offer advice or suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PARAPTOR
04-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Thanks Raptor. At home we are about 20 minutes away from Pymatuning

Where we are staying is also called Andover Pymatuning KOA, Think its been a KOA now going on three years. We go past your place from Pymatuning on rt7 them jump on 90 going into NY. A lot of good information and people on this forum. The search feature I highly suggest as your first resort.

Again Take Care

BuxCamper
04-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're in western PA. I'm in Bucks County eastern PA.

Dewinterizing isn't too difficult since you're just washing water and bleach through the system to sanitize and then flushing it out with fresh water. I don't unbypass the water heater until this is done since I don't want to fill it with 6 gallons of bleach water. Its running heat will sanitize it.

Dumping is straightforward. Hook up the hose. Pull black tank handle first and when that is done pull gray tank handle. That helps rinse the stinky slinky (hose). With clean hands also open your fresh water tank to drain if you filled it at the campground.

You'll find fellow campers more than willing to help. Heck, I got one to change a tire for me!

-- Mark

66joej
04-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
Enjoy your new Hideout. Dewinterizing is not difficult. Just be sure lines are flushed with clear water before opening valve to fill hot water tank.

14george
04-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the fourm from W Va congrats

busterbrown
04-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new coach. Youtube is a wonderful resource for new RV owners. It seems that after one watches a few videos on a particular subject, it makes the "hands on" process much easier. I spent countless hours on the tube viewing RV related content. This forum immediately became my RV "go to" resource for problems and newbie insight.

Have fun with your new Hideout and make lots of great memories.

BuxCamper
04-06-2017, 05:27 PM
And something you can try is Camp Driveway. Bring out everything you need for a weekend in your new camper in your driveway. Lock the doors to your house and don't go in until your "camping trip" is over. Keep a notepad handy and write down what you forgot so you'll be ready for a real trip.

-- Mark

sourdough
04-06-2017, 05:29 PM
You might want to purchase a "clear" connection to your dump so you can see what's really going on. Congrats and hope you have a great time in the camper.