PDA

View Full Version : Decal coming off

rick-eureka
04-05-2017, 09:09 AM
I have a 2014 Raptor, 300MP. I have the nosecone decal just starting to peel back. I want to nip it in the bud. How do you get it to stay down?

thanks,
Rick

PARAPTOR
04-05-2017, 09:50 AM
I have a 2014 Raptor, 300MP. I have the nosecone decal just starting to peel back. I want to nip it in the bud. How do you get it to stay down?

thanks,
Rick

We have had many posts pertaining to this topic, too many for me to try and summarize here. I would suggest you do a search on the forum say graphics, etc. some discussions on attempts to contact Keystone

chuckster57
04-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Once the adhesive has failed, it will never stick by itself again.

I've been lucky a few times using a THIN coating of clear silicone to act as the glue.

Both surfaces need to be CLEAN and make sure to remove any silicone that squishes out. It's not a simple job as it requires some finesse, but it will work if done properly.

Frank G
04-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Every sign shop has some double sided banner tape, 1" wide is standard. If you can slip this under the pealing vinyl is should hold well. Trim off the excess with an exacto knife, or pre trim. Whale you are at the sign shop ask if they have a "Seal-It Pen". They are also available on Amazon. This is a felt tipped pen that you go around the graphic and it seals. This will stop the deterioration of the adhesive layer of the graphic.

Good Luck

eds451
04-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Or do what I did

busterbrown
04-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Who doesn't like a debadged rv. :D Just need to clean up the shadowing left behind.

66joej
04-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Every sign shop has some double sided banner tape, 1" wide is standard. If you can slip this under the pealing vinyl is should hold well. Trim off the excess with an exacto knife, or pre trim. Whale you are at the sign shop ask if they have a "Seal-It Pen". They are also available on Amazon. This is a felt tipped pen that you go around the graphic and it seals. This will stop the deterioration of the adhesive layer of the graphic.

Good Luck

Good to know.Thanks

Also like chuckster57's advise on the silicone.

JRTJH
04-06-2017, 05:53 AM
Using Chuckster's method with silicone under the decal, if you first clean the area and under the decal with alcohol, let it dry, then run a strip of masking tape along the edge of the "decal final resting place" on the front cap, apply your silicone under the decal, when you press it back into place, the excess silicone will flow onto the masking tape, not the front cap. That will make cleanup much easier since all you'll need to do is pull the masking tape with the excess silicone off the edge of the decal. No need to try to clean the "smeared silicone" that way..... Good luck !!!

chuckster57
04-06-2017, 12:07 PM
I usually don't have the luxury of waiting and pulling tape, but John has an excellent work around.

skane
04-06-2017, 07:33 PM
The very tip of one of my decals is loose so I spoke to a buddy of mine who works in a body shop and paints cars. He suggested I use Rubber Cement:

"Clean the backside of the decal and the camper. Put a little bit on both the decal and the camper let it dry for a minute or so then stick it down. Should hold! Normal old rubber cement."

I trust him, and he does great body work. I'm going to give this a try.

Sean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk