PDA

View Full Version : Tireminder TM77

Harreec
04-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Today I purchased the Tireminder TM77 TPMS and looking forward to the peace of mind it should offer while towing.
I do have a question, do you remove the transmitters and test the tire pressure with a gauge before travel or do you rely on the system readouts?

Ken / Claudia
04-04-2017, 05:01 PM
I used a cheap tire psi gauge to set mine as close to 78psi as I could. put on the sensors and they all show 78. But, I have to question if gauges are all perfect. I am under the opinion that there may be some showing higher or lower than others so a few lbs difference may not mean anything.

Emptynesters
04-12-2018, 08:07 AM
I am seriously looking at getting the TM77, do you have any feedback on it? How is it working for you? Any issues with it? Thanks for your time,

Doug

Tbos
04-12-2018, 08:51 AM
I have a TM 66 and all my sensors vary a little from the amount I show when I use gauges. If I am unsure I take off the sensor, causes a failure indication on the display and then check it with a gauge. When I reconnect the sensor the fault goes away. I wouldn’t be without the system.

CrazyCain
04-12-2018, 12:01 PM
I use TM55 and it works great..can't wait to startusing it again at the end of the month

Tinner12002
04-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Not sure, with the system I have I can inflate the tires through the sensor. No need to inflate then install the sensors.

busterbrown
04-12-2018, 02:23 PM
My electronic pressure gauge is very accurate. I check (and adjust) pressures with it prior to each trip. The TPMS monitor just keeps a real time eye on what my cold inflation pressures initially were. Each sensor can be off 1-2 psi but mine are relatively accurate.

If this is a new TPMS system for you and if you haven't done so already, you may want to consider adding metal valve stems on your trailer wheels. Centrifugal force can damage rubber stems especially when you add length and weight to the end of them.

Emptynesters
04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
If this is a new TPMS system for you and if you haven't done so already, you may want to consider adding metal valve stems on your trailer wheels. Centrifugal force can damage rubber stems especially when you add length and weight to the end of them.

This will be my first TPMS, I have been reading a whole bunch, just took delivery of 5 new Carlisle radial hd load range E, with 5 new steel valve stems. thanks for taking the time to let me know!

AbHDToyHauler
04-13-2018, 12:43 PM
I have the Tm77. Both on my truck (3500 one tons don't have tire monitoring built in) and my trailer. So far it has been really good (on truck) but haven't had a chance to tow trailer (still got snow here) but i'm sure it will give me peace of mind when towing. I test tires a couple of times to check accuracy and it seems to match my readings close enough that I don't check my truck every time I drive it. For towing I think i would check more frequently.