PDA

View Full Version : Need to beef up the tub floor.

Double b
04-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Asking if anyone has beefed up their tub floor. I'm over 250 and when taking a shower and moving around, I feel a a lot of movement in the tub base. Like I am going to go thru.

My thinking is, besides loosing weight:facepalm:, is to rip the tub out and support the bottom of the tub properly. Has anyone done this. I have checked into other forums and this appears to be a common thing in RV's. And again not the heavy people using them. :lol:

We plan on going out east this summer to Nova Scotia and this needs to be fixed by then.

Any and all insight or directions would be great.

Also No I have not applied any sealant to the factory tub surround so it should come apart fairly easy.

sourdough
04-04-2017, 09:47 AM
This was an issue we found on our trailer just after we bought it so I figure it is commonplace. Keystone paid to have additional supports put under the floor. How the tech did it I don't know but I believe he did it by just pulling the access panel in the front of the shower......l think?? Whatever he did fixed the problem and I weigh about 210.

hexmex357
04-04-2017, 09:48 AM
If you decide to do it, post some pics on how you beefed of the tub floor.

chuckster57
04-04-2017, 12:14 PM
This was an issue we found on our trailer just after we bought it so I figure it is commonplace. Keystone paid to have additional supports put under the floor. How the tech did it I don't know but I believe he did it by just pulling the access panel in the front of the shower......l think?? Whatever he did fixed the problem and I weigh about 210.

If there is an access panel, that's the most common way. Otherwise you have to dismantle a whole bunch of stuff.

jackson70
06-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Several years ago my used motorhome had the same problem. Found out there is just a piece of styrofoam under it that was smashed flat from the prior owner. I tore out the old styrofoam and got spray foam modified the nozel and filled it wit expanding foam.