PDA

View Full Version : Best Location For A Central Vacuum

danielm300
04-04-2017, 05:14 AM
Just picked up a 2014 Montana High Country 325RL. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to install a Dirt Devil Central Vacuum?

Thanks

Dave W
04-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Once you pull the bulkhead in the basement, you will find that there is lots of unused space under the stairs. You'll probably have a couple of return air vents for the furnace at the 1st and 2nd step but it will fit under the first and still leave enough area for that vent (may be a little different then ours). Of course, it wont be easy to access nor do those steps come out simply as I found when replacing the damaged carpet in our '14 343RL - which is a story in frustration itself. Peel the carpet off the first step. remove the tread, hinge so you can easily access the vacuum and you are ready to suck up that crud. And those stairs, you will find that they are carpeted boxes on boxes with that carpet stapled along the inaccessible sides:banghead:

bsmith0404
04-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Best place for the central vacuum is on the dealership shelves. We have one and never use it. The hose and all of the attachments just take up extra space in the closet. We've found a cordless shark works much better and is much more convenient to use.

kfxgreenie
04-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Best place for the central vacuum is on the dealership shelves. We have one and never use it. The hose and all of the attachments just take up extra space in the closet. We've found a cordless shark works much better and is much more convenient to use.

I was going to say the same thing. We hung a Dyson handheld in the bedroom closet as there was an outlet in there. Convenient when you need it doesn't take up a lot of space, and the little sucker pun intended does a good job. Last fall it gave me a job to suck Boxelder bugs off the side of the camper when we were in a campsite with a Boxelder infested tree. Yuck still cringe thinking about the mess they made on everything.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_231744_0_31557b023747efb6d283ec5e8c4c3a9a.jpg (http://s249.photobucket.com/user/kfxgreenie/media/0606161809_2.jpg.html)

notanlines
04-06-2017, 03:02 AM
I rarely disagree with Brent or Greenie, but I will on this subject. Our Dirt Devil brand central vac will suck the socks off a rooster. It is located on the bulkhead in the basement. The hose and attachments are kept under the bed. On occasion I pull the truck alongside the RV and use it to clean the TV. There is a designated receptacle in the basement for the vac.

danielm300
04-20-2017, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the info. We had a central vac in our old Cougar and found it very handy.

BuxCamper
04-20-2017, 04:42 AM
I rarely disagree with Brent or Greenie, but I will on this subject. Our Dirt Devil brand central vac will suck the socks off a rooster. It is located on the bulkhead in the basement. The hose and attachments are kept under the bed. On occasion I pull the truck alongside the RV and use it to clean the TV. There is a designated receptacle in the basement for the vac.
Growing up in NYC/LI and now living in suburban Philly the term "suck the socks off a rooster" is not in my normal lexicon [emoji3]

-- Mark