PDA

View Full Version : floor on my 2017 sprinter298 fithwheel

Randallf
04-01-2017, 09:46 PM
I was told this rv has a floating floor. Can anyone confirm this?
I feel it sink in. I'm worried that there is something wrong.
I just bought this 2 weeks ago.
:confused:

JRTJH
04-02-2017, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. It is difficult to diagnose any structural problems through a single post on a forum. What you describe may be normal or it may indicate a problem. Have you discussed this with your dealership? Have you walked in other similar models at a dealer's lot to see if they "feel similar or different"? Have you looked at the structural diagrams contained in the Sprinter brochure to see if you can "put 2 and 2 together" ?

You can view and/or download the 2017 Sprinter brochure at: http://www.keystonerv.com/media/3092666/sprinter_brochure_dec2016_web.pdf

On page 14 is a "cross-sectional diagram" that depicts how your Sprinter is constructed. There does not appear to be a "floating floor" but rather a "dynaspan, one piece 5/8" floor" which is laid over a subfloor that is constructed of 2x3" aluminum floor joists on 12" centers. This is a typical floor/subfloor construction technique for "standard weight" fifth wheels.

If you bought your RV recently, as you indicate, I'd urge you to return to your dealership, go inside other similar floorplan models and see if you experience the same "sinking feeling" in those trailers. Then, whether you do or don't feel the same type sensations, discuss the situation with your dealership's service manager and gain answers to your concerns.

sourdough
04-02-2017, 08:55 AM
^^^^What John said. A "soft" or "sinking" floor doesn't sound right. I just walked through a dozen various trailers Friday and I didn't walk in a single one that had a "sinking" floor. I would try to get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later if it were me. Good luck.

mtofell
04-04-2017, 08:27 PM
I did not know they were putting in floating floors in RVs but if it is that type it is somewhat common to feel some looseness underfoot. "Floating" basically means it's not glued or nailed down but rather just sitting there. Kind of like a very well cut throw rug (but probably laminate or vinyl). These are common in residential construction these days and the sinking underfoot is a very common complaint. Definitely look into it but it's certainly possible that it's normal and you don't have any real problem.

Randallf
04-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone foor the feed back
I will be looking into this
And hope to have a good answer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

PARAPTOR
04-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone foor the feed back
I will be looking into this
And hope to have a good answer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk