PDA

View Full Version : Awning LED strip is dim

15hideout27rbwe
03-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Hey all, just picked up our '15 Hideout 27rbwe on the weekend. Noticed that the LED strip under the awning is pretty dim. It's about half as bright as our buddies similar Hideout. Going to check voltage going to the strip when it gets nicer out. Trailer has 2 brand new 6 volt batteries. All other lights seem to be working as they should. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

JRTJH
03-28-2017, 06:22 PM
It sounds like a bad ground, either at the connection to the LED strip or where the wiring is grounded at the trailer or at the switch.

PARAPTOR
03-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Assuming the led strip itself is not faulty, which if it was I would expect some to be bright not all dim, my guess is you have a resistance connection somewhere. In you are familiar with a meter and you can get to the connection on the led strip measure the we voltage at that point. Then work your way back to the power source. High resistance point could be any connec t ions as well as the switch itself . You can jumper across that 12vdc switch I'd suspect.

If your led are in the roll remember this feed wire gets rolled up with the awning material

ADDEd: Guess type to slow