PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of installing TV in Basement

andyrad
05-15-2011, 03:47 PM
So we have enough airmiles to get a nice flat screen for the trailer. I was wondering if there is any specifics for TVs that need to be adhered to when adding one to an RV. We have a 3450RL with a cable and electrical hookup in the basement for this purpose and we are wondering if we can just use a normal Samsung, as there is in the living room already, or do we need something special. Being from Canada it would be nice to go camping and sit outside and watch some of the Stanley Cup finals or the start of the season from under the awning.

Paddler
05-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Andyrad,
Nope, nothing special, just a TV that will receive the new Digital broadcast signals.

Johnnyfry
05-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, there are certainly no rigid size requirements concerning a TV in a RV. It is mainly a size that fits your viewing distance. You wouldn't want to use a 60 inch T V when you are sitting 4 feet away.

Pick something out that fits your viewing distance. Go to a shop and stand back as far as you would sit in your RV and see what looks comfortable to you.

Bigger is not always better.

John

jq1031
05-15-2011, 04:30 PM
I did that in my motor home. Only advise is to secure it properly as the bounce could cause alot of damage to the TV. I put mine (screwed down the base) on a slide out tray that locked in place while traveling, also had a DIRECT TV receiver & remote held with velcro so it did not move around. It was a great set up & we really enjoyed it, along with envy of fellow campers!