PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator problem

talley
03-28-2017, 05:57 AM
I have a 2015 Bullet 22 rbpr. The refrigerator worked on gas but not on electric. Took it to the shop and the replaced the mother board for $305. Took it on a trip and fridge would not work on gas or electric but freezer worked on both. Fuses are good. Took it back to the shop and they seem to be stumped. Any ideas?

talley
03-29-2017, 07:29 AM
Update: Shop has decided that the coils are blocked and they want to remove the fridge and turn it upside down to dislodge blockage. Even though fridge was working fine on gas when I took it in.

sourdough
03-29-2017, 08:20 AM
Update: Shop has decided that the coils are blocked and they want to remove the fridge and turn it upside down to dislodge blockage. Even though fridge was working fine on gas when I took it in.

Hmmm, I hope they know what they are doing. I hate it when they start "I'm not sure......uh, let's try this!!"

Outback 325BH
03-29-2017, 08:58 AM
If I was having my absorption refrigerator removed from the camper, it would not go back in unless a new Amish cooling unit was installed. Too much work to remove the fridge without installing a fresh cooling unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckster57
03-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Turning a fridge upside down is an urban myth. They are wasting your time and money. Blockages don't "unblock" themselves by turning it upside down.

IF there was a blockage, the refrigerant wouldn't be able to migrate down to the bottom to start the process again. IMO if there was a blockage, the WHOLE unit wouldn't cool.