PDA

View Full Version : 336 BHS Galley tank doesn't drain

dpankowski
03-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Hello,

We took our first trip in our new Cougar 336BHS. It was around 600 miles round trip and we had no problems.

During our stay I left the galley tank valve closed because I didn't have two sewer hoses, and didn't want to switch hoses all the time. So when we packing up I drained the grey and the Blank tanks, the only problem there was the stickers on the valve were backwards, the grey sticker drained the black and the black sticker drained the grey tank, no biggie.

When I opened up the galley tank valve, nothing came out, but a little bit from the outdoor kitchen. Not even a little trickle. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the coach?

The other problem was when I flushed the black tank, water squirted up a vent tube underneath the bathroom sink.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Cabindweller
03-23-2017, 01:22 PM
Hello. The galley tank drains out of the same outlet as the black and grey tanks. The valve handle is under the coach, near where the plumbing comes out of the underbelly. If you are talking about the rear drain (which it sounds like as you mentioned moving your hose or using two), that is the outdoor sink only. No other tanks drain there.

dpankowski
03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Oh really, they didn't mention that when we did the walk through. Yes I opened up the one between the two slides. I'll take another look underneath. Thought I figured everything out.

Thank you

Cabindweller
03-23-2017, 03:15 PM
Yep. That should solve it.

Otherwise, how do you like the 336BHS? We really like our's. We've spent over 50 nights in it since we bought it last March. We're leaving tomorrow with it and heading to the beach for about 10 days. Looking forward to a great trip!

Tom N OH
03-23-2017, 04:40 PM
That's hard to believe. An RV dealership employee that has absolutely no knowledge of the product he's selling. Huh, who woulda thought? (sarcasm)

nellie1289
03-23-2017, 07:33 PM
By the way your rear kitchen does not have a tank. It's just straight piped to the outside That's why you just get a trickle. The pipe will hold about 2 gallons then the sink will back up. There is an excellent 300 post 336bhs post in this forum. Take a look !!! Welcome to the club.

dpankowski
03-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks I found the valve.

dpankowski
03-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Yep. That should solve it.

Otherwise, how do you like the 336BHS? We really like our's. We've spent over 50 nights in it since we bought it last March. We're leaving tomorrow with it and heading to the beach for about 10 days. Looking forward to a great trip!

We like ours too. The beach sounds fun, have a great time. This was our first trip so time will tell. We shopped around for a year and kept coming back to this one.

dpankowski
03-24-2017, 05:19 PM
That's hard to believe. An RV dealership employee that has absolutely no knowledge of the product he's selling. Huh, who woulda thought? (sarcasm)

I know right.

dpankowski
03-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Has anybody had the problem with the water flooding under the bathroom sink when flushing the black tank?

PARAPTOR
03-24-2017, 05:56 PM
If you were using the black tank flush and while it was on water was coming from under the bathroom sink that is were the black tank anti siphon valve is.located. Better check may be cracked. If not blown our completely water over winter may have cracked it. There was a recent post with pictures of this valve. Do I search, if I can find it quickly and add here

Num25Duke
09-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Just an FYI, my drain valve for my outdoor kitchen sink drain valve was covered up by the underbelly from the factory to where whenever i used the sink it would automatically drain on the ground or leak if the cap was on. Contacted Keystone and was told it was suppose to be that way, REALLY!?!?, took it to the dealer who found it and made an opening for it and added an extension to it. Great customer service Keystone, just play dumb 😒 Thank you dealer for doing the job right!!