PDA

View Full Version : Window Slits… Am I Missing Something Here?

K.C. Jones
03-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Hello All..
I sure hope everyone is enjoying these first few days of Spring.
I was walking around the Hideout today and I noticed these slits on my window frame?
Do all RV’s have these? Should I cover them up, or should I leave them open?

Thanks and Have a Great Day!!

K.C.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_229094_0_20cd12ebbd376c4482847e1a62f74372.jpg

Tbos
03-21-2017, 03:39 PM
I believe those are weep holes. That way water that gets in the window track can drain.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

JRTJH
03-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Tbos is correct. The slits are there to allow any condensation that occurs on the inside of the window to weep out from the inside bottom edge of the window frame. Also, if you notice, the frames are not insulated, so in very cold weather you may find some frost, even ice along the lower edge of the window (in the bottom lip). Those slits, again, allow that water to weep out of the window "ledge" once it warms up and thaws.

They are normal, and on almost every RV window, so leave them alone and just keep them clean.

K.C. Jones
03-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Thanks Tbos and JRTJH !!!

I noticed that on the top of the window the slits were plugged and that's what made me think the bottom slit plugs were missing. I thought Keystone hooked me out of a couple of plugs...lol Sounds like a good idea to keep the slits open and clean...so the window can weep!
Thanks Again for the info...

K.C.

poppin_fresh
03-21-2017, 05:07 PM
I believe the windows are bi-directional, so they could be installed to slide right or left depending on which way the manufacturer wants them to open. They simply spin the window 180 degrees and install it to get the direction they want.

Once they do this they simply seal the holes at the top.