PDA

View Full Version : Spring Camping Season Is A Go!

Nuke
03-20-2017, 10:14 PM
On the first day of spring, DW and I decided (at 10 pm last night) that it is time to start the camping season! So we cut out early Monday, pulled the ripr out of storage, packed our duds and dogs and set out. Minimal prep (ok, NO prep). It's now 2am, DW, 2 dogs, 2 blankets huddled in a pile on bed. No heat except for the dogs keeping our toes warm (furnace won't run, project for tomorrow). I still gotta say, it so beats work!

Firewall
03-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Hopefully you all got some sleep! Great idea to just get in and go! Good luck with the furnace issue. Is the propane on?

chuckster57
03-21-2017, 05:08 AM
We have done the grab and go a few times. Loved it, wish we could do it more. Enjoy and I hope you get the heat going.

Nuke
03-21-2017, 05:16 AM
Funny you should ask. When we arrived, we never thought about propane, due to our spur-of-the-moment plan and of course both tanks were empty. Being the off season, no fill station was open at 9 pm (hello Wal-Mart!).

After that fiasco was resolved, found that furnace will run once but must be power cycled to run again. Sometimes it will start, but only after a 10-15 degree drop in inside temp. At least outside temp today in the 70s!

I'm still sticking by the fact that it beats the heck out of work!