PDA

View Full Version : Laredo 290SRE Floor Problems

Kristyy
03-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Hi All...new to the Forum and I have a question, problem, etc.

We purchased our Laredo in 2014. No issues other than the fading issue on the cap to speak of until recently. The floor in front of the right slide out has become spongy. There never has been wet carpet, vinyl or detection of any water leak anywhere outwardly. My husband pulled up the vinyl yesterday and the Styrofoam between the 2 sheets of Luan is cracked...also the luan under the foam had rotted away due to standing water. We have cut back to the middle of the rv and removed the tall cabinet at the door. There are no water lines in that area, no signs of a leak around the slide. Water is standing under the foam and luan in spots and spreading. Maybe a dumb question but could it have been wet from the get go and just covered and spread? If not any idea what direction to go? Thanks so much for the help. I do have pictures if that will help.

Kristy

Tbos
03-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Hope you are able to determine where the water is coming in. A friend told me he had water coming in at the trim on the sides of the slide. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctbruce
03-21-2017, 02:39 AM
Pictures say a thousand words. I would post them. Welcome to the forum. Sorry it's under these circumstances but lots of good helpful folks here.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ