PDA

View Full Version : Dumping grey and black tanks fuzion 4141

jaked
03-18-2017, 07:58 PM
So I own a fuzion 4141 and I have the bathroom in the rear. I know I have 2 black tanks and 2 grey tanks in the rig. My question is I have a dump pipe in front of the axles labeled grey on the side of the rig and a dump pipe behind the axles labeled black. A bit of confusion when dumping the rig cause I have valves to pull open on the outside of the rig for both pipes and I have a grey and black valve in the compartment for the water hookups. I know I have spray valves in the tanks but is the water hookup for those the bottom water connection because I have 3 connections for water in that compartment. Any fuzion owners with 2 bathrooms in the rigs help me out. I need a break down on how to dump both tanks cause the manual sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattHelm21
03-18-2017, 09:43 PM
I can help you out a little from the testing I did when I took delivery. Starting at the rear, you have the pipe behind the axles. There is also a handle to dump here on the frame behind/under the trailer siding. This is for black tank number 2 which receives the waste from the rear toilet, rear sink, and W/D prep. In front of the axles you have another pipe. Behind/under the trailer siding here is a handle to dump your kitchen grey(tank 2) water(sink). In the convenience center are grey(front bathroom sink and shower) and black(front bathroom toilet) handles for grey tank 1 and black tank 1 respectively. Of the three water inlets in the convenience center, the bottom one is for the black rinse. I questioned Kestone through my dealer and direct about how this worked and was told it rinsed both tanks simultaneously. However, I have not been able to prove or confirm this and I'm going on the assumption that this is for black tank 1 and there is no rinse for the rear black tank and that I have to add one.

Hope this helps.

PARAPTOR
03-18-2017, 10:13 PM
I can help you out a little from the testing I did when I took delivery. Starting at the rear, you have the pipe behind the axles. There is also a handle to dump here on the frame behind/under the trailer siding. This is for black tank number 2 which receives the waste from the rear toilet, rear sink, and W/D prep. In front of the axles you have another pipe. Behind/under the trailer siding here is a handle to dump your kitchen grey(tank 2) water(sink). In the convenience center are grey(front bathroom sink and shower) and black(front bathroom toilet) handles for grey tank 1 and black tank 1 respectively. Of the three water inlets in the convenience center, the bottom one is for the black rinse. I questioned Kestone through my dealer and direct about how this worked and was told it rinsed both tanks simultaneously. However, I have not been able to prove or confirm this and I'm going on the assumption that this is for black tank 1 and there is no rinse for the rear black tank and that I have to add one.

Hope this helps.

Have you actually verified by testing what tanks are connected to what valves and outlet terminal? We have had may posts regards mislabeled valves. Best to know now rather than when dumping first time at a campsite. I would recommend testing each valve by dumping water down drains to determine what is what, would not believe the labeling.

In regard to the W/D drain, we have a recent thread addressing if or if not the W/D drain actually goes into a tank or bypasses it and dumping into the output terminal. Would be nice to know on each specific rigs.

Would be an easy test to see if Black flush connection flushes both black tanks. Connect water source to black tank flush open both terminal outlets and both black tank valves, turn on water and see which terminal outlet or both has water coming out.

workingdan
03-19-2017, 04:06 AM
I have a 16 414 and the black flush, flushes both black tanks. I wish i could turn off the rear black tank as i dont always use it. It would make flushing faster as i flush every time i dump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jaked
03-19-2017, 05:01 AM
I have a 16 414 and the black flush, flushes both black tanks. I wish i could turn off the rear black tank as i dont always use it. It would make flushing faster as i flush every time i dump.

So is your rear drain pipe your black drain for both tanks and your from one is for both grey tanks? And also what water connection is the flush one. Is it the bottom connection in that compartment? And are the valves to the right of that connection the values for the spray in the tank?

workingdan
03-19-2017, 05:22 AM
So is your rear drain pipe your black drain for both tanks and your from one is for both grey tanks? And also what water connection is the flush one. Is it the bottom connection in that compartment? And are the valves to the right of that connection the values for the spray in the tank?

Going off memory from last summer, the drain outlet behind the rear wheels, is for the rear bathroom black tank. The sink in the garage (gray) goes to the gray #2 tank ( valve outside compartment). So gray tank 2 is for kitchen sink and garage sink (gray). I have never used W/D so i do not know were that gray water goes.
Black tank flush connection is the lower connection in compartment.
My guess why the 2 black tank flushes are connected is so you can flush out your rear hose after dumping being that there is no gray water tank connected to rear outlet.
So your front outlet has front bathroom toilet (black, valve in compartment) and gray 1 ( valve in compartment) and gray 2 ( valve outside compartment)

PARAPTOR
03-19-2017, 07:04 AM
Jaked; After reading these posts I think it is time to start testing yourself. Then you will know exactly what is what. Not hard to do, recommend two people just in case.:banghead: Strange things do happen.

The ones that would worryy me would be : how does W/D drain and those Black tank flushes. We all have stickers warning us about using the black flush. Basically to open valves and output terminal. Seems like if those two Two black tanks are being sprayed at the same time could be an easy accident waiting to happen, oops main black full but hardly have used rear toliet so start dumping washing main and forget to open flush rear. Seems like you will have to have a "Y" two sewer hoses attached at least for black tank flushing.

workingdan
03-19-2017, 07:11 AM
If im at a campground without double dumps, i have a Y connector to tie both dumps together.
Yes the warning stickers say to only flush with black tank valves open, i just watch my gauges and open when they get close to full. You just need to pay attention. 1 time i let it go a little to long and my wife said toilet started making funny noise. Water was pushing up past toilet valve.
Yes go to a full hook up campground and connect both drains and play with your valves so you get comfortable with what does what.

PARAPTOR
03-19-2017, 07:29 AM
If im at a campground without double dumps, i have a Y connector to tie both dumps together.
Yes the warning stickers say to only flush with black tank valves open, i just watch my gauges and open when they get close to full. You just need to pay attention. 1 time i let it go a little to long and my wife said toilet started making funny noise. Water was pushing up past toilet valve.
Yes go to a full hook up campground and connect both drains and play with your valves so you get comfortable with what does what.

I have never been to a campground with dual dumps, they have one and use a "Y" like you. If you have clear section on your two output terminals you can do all this testing right there as you are setup.

As noted in many posts, generally these tank gauges are a joke :banghead:

chuckster57
03-19-2017, 07:34 AM
As noted in many posts, generally these tank gauges are a joke

keeping the tank/sensors clean will alleviate that issue. In ownership of 4 different trailers ( 3 different brands) I haven't ever had a set of gauges that didn't work and weren't pretty close to actual level.

workingdan
03-19-2017, 07:36 AM
keeping the tank/sensors clean will alleviate that issue. In ownership of 4 different trailers ( 3 different brands) I haven't ever had a set of gauges that didn't work and weren't pretty close to actual level.
I flush my tanks every time, but still have issues with my sensors. Dealer is no help

chuckster57
03-19-2017, 07:43 AM
There are products that will clean sensors and tissue, I've used them on customers tanks with 100% success rate. Dawn Ultra with HOT water is best for gray tanks.

I have found that it may take a few rinsing cycles to completely clean the tank at the campground.

MattHelm21
03-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Have you actually verified by testing what tanks are connected to what valves and outlet terminal?

Yes. Except for the black tank rinse, I have tested all of this. I can confirm that the W/D drain goes into the tank because I ran a hose into the drain and nothing came out of the pipe until I pulled the dump handle.

My last trailer had the bath and 1/2 with a rear black tank and I was never sure about the rear sink so while I knew all of these tanks were clean and empty I ran tests of each drain to each tank and each dump handle with the caps off the pipes. The OP is probably aware but not everyone reading the thread may know that the Fuzion 4141 and the 414 are the same trailer except for the residential fridge vs RV fridge option. At least it was in 2016. That is why I went into so much detail.