PDA

View Full Version : Roof type

workingdan
03-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know what type of roof is on my 2016 fuzion chrome 414? I am looking to get some cleaner and treatment supplies for some spring cleaning. Any suggestions for cleaners? I dont have access to the camper till April so i cant check the underside to confirm.
Thanks

CrazyCain
03-14-2017, 04:42 PM
The dealer told me all Keystone roofs are rubber roofs now, maybe 2011 and newer. I do know that the back side of the roofing material on my Hideout is white, means it is made from TPO...Checkout Dicor's youtube video on RV roofs and how to tell what type of roof you have.. hope this helps

JRTJH
03-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Just as sure as someone "assures" you that your roof is TPO or EPDM, there will be that "ONE TRAILER" that Keystone manufactured with "the other stuff" and guess what: Yup, it's yours.......

That said, to be sure what kind of roof membrane is on your trailer, go to the most convenient roof vent, remove the 4 screws that hold the inside trim in place, pull the trim down and look at the roof membrane that is stapled around the hole where the vent is mounted from above. If the roof membrane is white/tan with a black backing, it's EPDM. If the membrane is the same color on top and bottom, it's TPO.

Most (well at least many) of us just use hot water, Dawn dish soap (the blue kind) and a splash of Clorox to scrub our roof. Be sure to keep the sides wet so it won't stain as it runs off (do that with anything you use on the roof) and then, wash the sides "from bottom to top" so it all stays wet until you're ready to rinse it off.

Aerospace 303 is my 'preferred" roof coating. I also use it on the FILON sidewalls, decals and the front cap. Good stuff and keeps things looking good, protected from UV and it even keeps the bugs from sticking.

workingdan
03-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Ok great info. I guess i need to look at it to be sure of the type. Thanks for the responses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

gearhead
03-14-2017, 07:11 PM
If possible have someone with another water hose rinsing the sides of the trailer while you clean. Rinse a whole lot more afterwards. Rinse some more early morning the next day. Then wash as usual. You really don't want that white chalky roof material left on the trailer and the sun baking it for 6 months. It is very very difficult to remove. Some places it may be impossible. Does it sound like I know about this first hand? Uh huh, yes I do.

MattHelm21
03-14-2017, 07:18 PM
My Fuzion is out in the driveway. I would still check yours when you get a chance but I'll check mine as soon as I can get rid of about 18 inches of snow around the door. I'll post back as soon as I get the info.

workingdan
03-14-2017, 11:40 PM
Great advice thanks.

When you get a chance that would be great. I will look at mine in a couple of weeks.

MattHelm21
03-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Finally had a chance to look today. Here is a picture. I guess this means it is TPO right?

JRTJH
03-20-2017, 07:47 PM
TPO or an "off brand" of TPO. It's not EPDM. Great picture by the way :)

workingdan
04-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Finally got a chance to look at my roof material. Looks the same as what was posted. TPO .
Thanks