PDA

View Full Version : Broken 5th wheel window

skidooxman
03-13-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm traveling from MD to Nevada, the side window on my 2016 keystone fuzion shattered. It's a frameless double pane window and just the outside one is shattered. I taped it with gorilla tape but my question is can I still travel with it since no one has that window in stock

Tbos
03-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Let me caveat my answer with I'm not a window or RV repair expert. If your glass truly shattered I'm wondering what you were able to tape, unless the safety film in the glass held it together. If that's the case and you have used something to stiffen the glass and then taped it so the wind won't Flex it or catch it you may be ok. You may consider removing the outer shattered glass and go with it as a single pane. Good luck. Let us know what you decide. Travel safely.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

66joej
03-14-2017, 09:12 AM
NASCAR uses a tape called Bear Bond. Works to hold the car together at 200 MPH. I believe it is available on Amazon. Worth a look. I have been to NASCAR races and seen this stuff work.

skidooxman
03-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Yes the safety film is holding it together, it flexes A little but I covered it the best I could. I used gorilla tape, x pattern and then lined horizontal. I also placed a vertical strip on the front to prevent wind from getting behind the glass. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this experience. Thanks.

cardinal96ss
03-15-2017, 07:54 AM
Plexiglass and Gorilla tape should keep you going for miles, but you might find you can install the plexiglass in your window frame, and do away with all the tape.