PDA

View Full Version : Calgary 177LHS newbies

traceintime
03-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone,

We will soon be new owners of the Hideout 177LHS and have been avidly reading the various threads. My wife is new to camping and we're both retired. I've had a variety of rigs since my early 20's (tent trailer, B class, C class, 3 class A's, a small boler sized trailer and lastly a truck camper I designed and built on the back of our F150). Now that my wife has taken to camping we've decided to go to a small trailer, good for 2 people + small dog, and tow-able by our truck.

A little nervous about trying to get the trailer into our backyard as the alley is not too wide so it will be interesting. I can see needing lots of practice, practice, practice...

Looking forward to learning and sharing with folks on the forum.

Steve and Mai

66joej
03-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
I lived in Calgary for quite a few years. Cedarbrae & Woodbine.
Good luck with your new Hideout

14george
03-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the fourm congrats. Go to a empty parking lot and practice backing

Steve S
03-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Welcome from BC:CF: I hope that your wife enjoys the camping life:camping: Wishing you the best on your travels:marshmallow:

sourdough
03-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on that new trailer. Be sure and look through the forum and do searches for all the items you may want to outfit/stock the trailer with so that things go smoothly for your wife. Wishing you both happy travels and fun times.

PARAPTOR
03-12-2017, 01:42 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Hideout ! Enjoy !!

Be Safe and Happy Camping :campfire:

traceintime
03-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome.

We're excited about the trailer for sure, I think my wife will be a little more comfortable with this than a 40 sq ft pop up camper:) but at least it fit in the garage. This forum has been a great source of information, right now just trying to decide on an e2 or e4 hitch setup given our very windy conditions here.

Tbos
03-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new rig. You can always put a receiver on the front of your truck so you can drive it in the back yard instead of backing it in. My dad did that for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctbruce
03-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new rig! Lots of folks use the e4. I have one and love it. Opinions are like belly buttons: everyone has one.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

traceintime
03-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the tip Tbos it's something I've been considering but nobody had actually recommended it yet so I wasn't sure how helpful it really was.

CrazyCain
03-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Congrates on the new Hideout, you will love it as the DW and I love ours. I use your standard hitch with just a sway bar attached.. Pulls like a dream, but we are not as windy as yourneck of the woods..