PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for warmer weather

Malitov
03-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Picked up our new 2017 Hideout 272LHS from the dealer yesterday!

My wife and I have been avid campers since the day we met. 7 or 8 years ago we returned from an outhouse visit to find a family of raccoons about a foot from our tent - and sleeping baby! That's all it took for my wife to start looking for a camper...

We went with a cheap but well loved late '70's tank just to see how much we'd use it. Of course, almost every summer weekend! We've been slowly upgrading every few years - then we got sick of never having a watertight camper, or fixing someone else's problems...

Time for a new one.

Truth be told, we could've cared less about the brand as long as the floor plan was what we wanted. Took about a year and a half of looking before we walked into the Hideout. Instant love. Then, before we actually bought it, we did some research and found this forum. Together, seeing positive brand reviews and knowing there's a community dedicated to helping each other out only made it that much easier to select our Keystone. I've been silently picking all of your brains from the comfort of my couch, and will probably do so for some time.

Right off the bat, I'll tell you that I'm not much for posting on things like this, but I definitely appreciate the dedication and time that so many of you have given to this forum. I've already learned so much about my new coach, and can't wait to learn so much more!

Now, this Minnesota winter needs to hurry up and go, so we can get back to camping!!

sourdough
03-11-2017, 11:16 AM
:wlcm: to the forum from W TX and congrats on the new rig! I know you're excited to get in it and go have fun. I know you can't wait for the winter to end. Not to rub it in, but it's supposed to 80 here today......:) Sorry.

Glad to have on the forum and don't hesitate to ask any questions that arise. You can also use the search function; lots of info on here and lots of knowledgeable folks to help if you can't find the answer you need.

busterbrown
03-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Now, this Minnesota winter needs to hurry up and go, so we can get back to camping!!

Welcome and congrats on your new trailer. I feel your urgency. We're vacationing down in Florida now and to see all the pull behinds and 5'ers out and about. Talk about spring camping fever! Dreading going back to the MI next week.

PARAPTOR
03-11-2017, 11:33 AM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Hideout!! What an upgrade! Enjoy :bdance:

"WARMER" Tell me it was 18 degrees just awhile ago, probably will not get much higher still a little snow on ground. I know having worked in your state at 18 degrees you people are probabily wearing shorts:eek: I guess we will just have to ignore sourdough's comments about Texas weather. Come On 80 degrees

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

Malitov
03-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Thanks, all!

sourdough - Thats alright, having a shorter season leads to a greater appreciation for all the... 80? OK, now I'm jealous!

PARARAPTOR - 18° is t-shirt weather, we save the shorts for 25°! ;)

Firewall
03-11-2017, 12:05 PM
And.......a major Nor'Easter for Tuesday. Two weekends ago I washed and waxed the truck in 65 degree weather.

Congrats on your new camper, enjoy and stay safe :).

TAZ23
03-11-2017, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum from Northern Wisconsin. Have fun with the new rig. 80 degrees would be nice but in the summer when it's 105 down there I'm glad I'm up here.

Malitov
03-11-2017, 12:36 PM
in the summer when it's 105 down there I'm glad I'm up here.

Couldn't have said it any better :)

Thanks, all.

geobet
03-11-2017, 12:39 PM
congrats on the new rig from central florida. Wish we could send some of this warm weather your way. Hold on, spring is coming.

14george
03-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the fourm congrats

ctbruce
03-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new rig! If you need help, this is the place to get it!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

Tbos
03-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Congrats on your new rig. Enjoy the new memories.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

cardinal96ss
03-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum from NE.

66joej
03-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
Was born and raised in Thunder Bay ON. so we spent a lot of time going into MN. I was into sports cars back then. Racing, rallies, hillclimbs, ice racing. Met a lot of great people in your state. I hear you on the brutal winters. Enjoy that new Hideout.

Malitov
03-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
Was born and raised in Thunder Bay ON. so we spent a lot of time going into MN. I was into sports cars back then. Racing, rallies, hillclimbs, ice racing. Met a lot of great people in your state. I hear you on the brutal winters. Enjoy that new Hideout.

I met more than a few from Thunder Bay in my younger days at Brainerd Int'l Raceway. Those races got more and more expensive every year, so I don't go anymore, but I have fond memories of the folks that shared their chairs with us.

DAN d
03-13-2017, 10:23 AM
happy rv ing :marshmallow: