PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on great campgrounds in Lafayette/New Iberia area

On The Road Again
03-09-2017, 04:37 PM
We will be staying in the Lafayette/New Iberia, Louisiana area for a week this summer as we head toward Gulf Shores, Mississippi and on to Florida.
I have looked at many of the usual websites including RV Parky, RV Parks, Trip advisor, , Good Sam and Allstays. The reviews for each campground seem to be all over the place.
We are looking for a great base camp where we can head out each morning and ride the Harleys and sightsee, but come back to a quiet, safe and relaxing site in the evening.

gearhead
03-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Think I would consider Lake Fausse Point State Park. We run up and down I-10 a lot but never stayed overnight in the RV around Lafayette or New Iberia.
Good eating around there. Prejeans north of Lafayette on I-49 and Café Vermillionville on Pinhook Rd. in Lafayette are usually consistent. We've hit other small places but I can't remember names.

On The Road Again
03-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Gearhead,
Lake Fausse Point was the original plan. I spoke with them this week , and due to last year's flood, it is closed to overnight camping until sometime in 2018.
Thanks for the suggestions. We will definitely try Prejeans and Café Vermillionville.

JRTJH
03-09-2017, 06:17 PM
About 15 miles east of Lafayette is a relatively new RV resort, Cajun Palms. They have relatively large sites, cable TV, WIFI, video poker and "beverage service" at the pool. They even have covered RV sites if you don't want your trailer "exposed" to the sun :cool:

About $45 to 50 a night https://www.cajunpalms.com/index.php?id=1

We spent 2 nights there just after they opened. There was still construction at that time. We plan on going back, it looked like, when finished, it would be an "impressive campground"......

gearhead
03-10-2017, 11:00 AM
^^^THIS. I've seen the signs for it but we usually drive further east on I-10 for our first night. That Landry's right there ain't bad. We can't stand any of the other locations, but that one seems better to us, for corporate food.
We enjoy the drive up and down Bayou Teche.