PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 412RP

mbjam359
03-05-2017, 04:19 PM
I have a 2015 Raptor 412RP toy hauler that has a 12 ft garage. What are people hauling in their garage? I am having clearance issues with the top of my polaris ranger with the bottom bunk.The ranger is stock but has a top on it. The angle iron supports are where I am losing clearance. Are their any mods that can be done to get more clearance on the height?

spicercars
03-05-2017, 04:39 PM
I had the same problem with mine. Is your bottom bunk set up as a u shaped dinette? Mine was so I removed the back rests and the lower bunk went up another 4 inches which was enough to clear the ranger roof.

ctbruce
03-05-2017, 05:18 PM
You may be able to release th bottom bunk and let it fold down flat against the sides. You'd be narrower but considerably taller. There was another post about this recently. Search is your friend.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

mbjam359
03-05-2017, 05:55 PM
I would say ours is not a U shape dinette. It is a dinette though. The angle iron supports really protrude below the seats. I am not sure it would be easy to remove the dinette. I think I called it the bottom bunk in my original post. Looking for options and i did do a search and read some of the post after posting my thread.

PARAPTOR
03-05-2017, 06:07 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your Raptor and welcome to the TH family! Enjoy :bdance:

In regard to your question, your options will dependent on the sofa/Bed configuration installed in your rig. Apparently they changed the system used not sure what you have in your rig. Post 25 of the thread

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27341&highlight=jack

shows the new configuration that enables that bottom sofa to collapse and fold against the side walls rather than only lift straight up. Reading through the post you will be able to determine if your configuration will fold. As stated you will gain height and loose some on the sides

Like my configuration that is also pictured (older system) that will not fold. Given that configuration members have removed the sofa all together and pinned the top bed all the way up. Of course that top bed can also be removed. As so know more stuff you take out the less overall functionality.

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

mbjam359
03-05-2017, 07:00 PM
I have the kind that do not fold against the wall. We may just buy a golf cart to haul with us. Want to get one that is tricked out but gonna have to make sure it will fit first. LOL

PARAPTOR
03-05-2017, 07:17 PM
So you now know what you are working with. As far as what members have as toys and store in the garage, I would search on this forum. I recall many posts where there were questions like "can a xxxxxx fit in a y foot garage". Various brands and models were discussed. I would search say garage, garage capacity, etc

Enjoy your TH