PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Avalanche Owners

reddog7571
03-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Are there any Avalanche 365 MB owners out there?:ermm:

nesparky
03-17-2017, 02:44 AM
I own a 330rehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170317/69d850f4c627f754e5c8434f65447f46.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

reddog7571
03-17-2017, 06:36 AM
So, what year is it and how long have you owned it? Has it met your expectations? If you've had trouble, were? Does the Auto Leveling work as advertised? Thanks in advance!!

What do you have under your leveling feet?

trooper253
03-17-2017, 09:29 AM
We bought a 2017 361TG in August and we love it. The auto level works great. The only issue we have is that the living room/ kitchen area is hard to keep cool in very hot days. This is probably due to the positioning of the A/C units. One is in the rear bedroom and one in the front bedroom. Without one in the living area it doesn't stay as cool as we would like, plus the black color doesn't help. But overall we are very pleased

reddog7571
03-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Trooper 253, great to hear! We just bought a 365MB, and are just waiting for our Mor-ride steps to come in!

John&Genny
03-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Hi Reddog. My wife and I are picking up a Avalanche 320RS next Friday, so we are excited :) We ordered it after doing a lot of research and it had the perfect floorplan for us. We have never actually stepped inside a 320 yet. Once we actually pick up the RV, we will keep you updated on our thoughts and experience with the Avalanche.

captcolour
03-19-2017, 05:39 AM
I really like the Avalanche models. Would have bought the 300RE if the dealer wasn't blowing out a 2016 Alpine 3600RS.

Jwaits
03-19-2017, 08:35 AM
We recently purchased a 320 RS great floor plan for us

reddog7571
03-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Thanks for all of the reply's!

m&m
03-22-2017, 09:40 AM
own the 365 MB have put 1800miles on her. Back to the shop once with numerous issues all were fixed quickly service was great. Have used levers several times at angles, no problem. stays warm at 30 degrees with min propane heat. Use fire place most time. after 9mo. of using her wife loves it. Looking to do 2500 mi trip this summer. Grand kids love the loft.

reddog7571
03-22-2017, 03:23 PM
What truck are you towing that with?

reddog7571
03-22-2017, 03:25 PM
Is the furnace as noisy as some folks claim?

m&m
03-22-2017, 05:47 PM
TV F350 DRW 14K GVWR tows great.
I don't really hear the furnace. We use the fire place which is good so far.
Did you pick it up yet?

reddog7571
03-23-2017, 06:25 AM
M&M, does the clean out spray for the black tank work as advertised, or would you suggest some additional pieces of equipment?

reddog7571
03-23-2017, 07:31 AM
We hope to pick it up this Saturday! I'll let you know once we get it!!

m&m
03-23-2017, 02:54 PM
The tank cleaning is easy and complete as hooked up. I leave about 2 gal in the tank with bio clean and have no problem. just make sure its level.
When I picked it up I spent several hours going through everything and part of the deal was an overnight stay near by. Problems:
screw not out of radio.
compartment light out.
the screws on the aux bed room toooooo small, door came off hinge after speed bump. redid door frame and longer screws.
sliding bathroom door came off. screws toooo small.
crank up wine guard antenna leak and broke.water heater went down ? because power loss at park. 2 days to fix. now have power guard.
the theater seating sucks already leaning one side.
drawer under sink is poor construction, needs support.

like the assesability when in rest area. can controll the slides nice.
the steps are strong and firm.
had to get used to height and watch for low branches.
enough for now let me know 2018 we are heading up your way,to Mi.

reddog7571
03-23-2017, 04:38 PM
Sure will, would like to meet somewhere when you come through if you have time!

m&m
03-23-2017, 05:56 PM
I just remembered a recall on the label on the front side area. The spare tire is smaller than the actual tires.
Ya would be great. My home park was Wally World in Louden. Never made it there and we want to check it out.

reddog7571
03-24-2017, 07:33 AM
As in Loudonville? If so, there is a super State Camping grounds close to there that I would like to check out Mohican State Park. It's supposed to be awesome.

m&m
03-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Can't spell but thats it. My home park is now Helen,Ga
When he hooks t up to you truck watch how low the front end of camper goes. I always make sure the truck is clear before I hit auto level

reddog7571
03-26-2017, 04:23 PM
M&M, We got it home yesterday! So far everything is good. Had a little issue, but it was my fault for turning too close and put a ding in the truck... Have you hooked up city water yet. I bought a water regulator, and it won't fit without some help. Have you turned on the furnace yet? I haven't yet, the fireplace is all we need for now.

John&Genny
03-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Well Genny and I picked up our 320RS this weekend and so far it's what we had hoped for in a new RV. There were some minor issues like some of the trim nails sticking out a bit too far and one of the roller shades doesn't want to retract the shade properly, plus one of the window screens refuses to pop back in place so those go on the list for warranty repairs. We had a chance to check most everything out by staying overnight at the dealership.

The real test will come down the road when we have used it most of this summer and 2 to 3 years after. That's when you will find out what kind of quality is really in a RV.

We will keep you posted on how well things are going in our 320 this summer.

m&m
03-27-2017, 05:45 AM
Congrats REDDOG7571
Sorry to hear about your truck. I did same, no longer have tailgate. I have an 8' bed and during practice realized I need to have a set procedure and when driving make very wide turns. Backing up is slow and cautious the pivot point is different. Still learning.
Yes we have used the heater but so not like to unless below 32 deg. It gets way to hot. Need to when below 32 cause the system design to keep underbelly warm.
The city water hook up got me at first because the switch for tank or city. I use a brass angled joint with a quick disconnect and at the spicket I use a water filter. with screen. Have many times found grit in screen.
With a water reg. I have very little pressure in unit. I do check the pressure before I hook up.
Again congrats on the unit I hope you enjoy as much as we do.

m&m
03-27-2017, 05:52 AM
Congrats John&Genny. Hope you enjoy the rig. If you can post pics. Let us know how shake down trip went. Now I have to go look up 320 RS.
Again congrats an hope to hear from ya.

m&m
03-27-2017, 05:55 AM
How many Avalanche owners do we have. I've joined the avalanche group but no activity.

nesparky
03-28-2017, 04:12 PM
I have one. Didn't know there's an Avalanche group.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NorskeBob
04-08-2017, 04:34 AM
We just purchased a 2017 329RS. Any insights?
Looking to install a TV in the bedroom. Ours did not come one installed. Not sure how one is installed at the factory. Has anyone installed one themselves?

m&m
04-08-2017, 04:19 PM
NorskeBob
Congrats. I your bed room is set up for a TV then there should be a sticker on the wall, near the cable plug in, or where you can connect a wall mount. if you don't see it look at 329rs in the pic section of the company site. Con grats again and many happy camping days.

We are camping at Mayport,Fl on the jetties. Watching all the ships come and go.
Just saw a cruise ship leave. Camper is great but the driver needs work.

m&m
04-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Well thats 4 of us so far. Thanks for the reply.

m&m
04-08-2017, 04:26 PM
RedDog7571. Just a note to you and others who might have an information panel on the wall by the stairs. Wife hit head on the access door and caused a good gash. I will remove the door. No more problems.
Hows the new camper?

NorskeBob
04-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the info - ours does not have a sticker on the wall - will look for 329RS.

Thundershorts
04-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info - ours does not have a sticker on the wall - will look for 329RS.

NorskeBob,
I just purchased a 370RD and there is no sticker on the wall to let you know where to mount the tv bracket. I made it part of my purchase to have the dealer install the tv in the bedroom. That wooden box on the wall just doesn't look right without a tv in it. :nonono: We're doing the walkthrough in two weeks, so I don't even have a clue as to where the mount attaches to at this time. Enjoy your new trailer, I cannot wait to pick ours up.:D

NorskeBob
04-09-2017, 04:59 AM
NorskeBob,
I just purchased a 370RD and there is no sticker on the wall to let you know where to mount the tv bracket. I made it part of my purchase to have the dealer install the tv in the bedroom. That wooden box on the wall just doesn't look right without a tv in it. :nonono: We're doing the walkthrough in two weeks, so I don't even have a clue as to where the mount attaches to at this time. Enjoy your new trailer, I cannot wait to pick ours up.:D

I'll call the dealer and have them install the TV bracket - not sure I want to pay RV dealer prices for a TV. We are supposed to pick up ours on 4/25. The dealer is backed up with all the recent sales and is in the process of building a new facility.

Grew up south of you in Minnesota - Detroit Lakes - had many folks from your home town come down for summer vacations.

reddog7571
04-14-2017, 04:35 AM
Everyone,
Well, we went on our maiden voyage last weekend and it was really a great time. A little chilly and windy, but the 5er performed beautifully!! We went from a 8 person tent to the 365MB Avalanche. That is a huge jump! The only issue I've had so far was self inflected. You have to watch very closely how tight you go when you are backing one of these up in a tight space. I'm not beating anyone up, but I've been on different RV type sites like this one and was almost talked out of buying a unit due to all of the negativity towards all brands. This unit is everything I had hoped for so far! I'm really looking forward to using her! No, I'm not tied to any marketing company. This is officially my lake house, and I can put her on any lake I want. :)

reddog7571
04-14-2017, 04:37 AM
M&M,
Thanks for the "HEADS-UP" on the head throbber!

NorskeBob
04-14-2017, 04:43 AM
Everyone,
Well, we went on our maiden voyage last weekend and it was really a great time. A little chilly and windy, but the 5er performed beautifully!! We went from a 8 person tent to the 365MB Avalanche. That is a huge jump! The only issue I've had so far was self inflected. You have to watch very closely how tight you go when you are backing one of these up in a tight space. I'm not beating anyone up, but I've been on different RV type sites like this one and was almost talked out of buying a unit due to all of the negativity towards all brands. This unit is everything I had hoped for so far! I'm really looking forward to using her! No, I'm not tied to any marketing company. This is officially my lake house, and I can put her on any lake I want. :)

Good to hear that the RV performed well on the first trip - quite a change from what you camped in before.

Enjoy!

m&m
04-14-2017, 02:41 PM
reddog7571
Glad you got out to enjoy it. Your right about tight spaces. The challenge is sometimes past my ability. I practice quite often. The unit is awesome and I call it
my vacation home on wheels.
Do you get bad bounce?
My better half thinks she can move the house into this thing. Many happy camping days. Keep us posted.

reddog7571
04-15-2017, 11:48 AM
M&M,
I got lucky and found a one year old TS3 from Hensley. I don't feel hardly anything from the 5th wheel. The TS3 has an air ride system built into it, and it gives me a very smooth ride. The wife put a foam koozie can holder on the center island, and one next to the stove before we left last Sunday and when we got home only one hit the floor. I agree with your "Vacation Home On Wheels"!!

m&m
04-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Thanks I will have to look at the TS3. The roads i Fl suck. Glad you had a good time we were at Mayport on the jetty. Some day I,ll figure out how to post pics.
Sure are a lot of avalanche owners here.

Bebo
04-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Joining the party late....have a 2014 Avalanche 355RK, both new 3yr ago, my 1st 5er. Over all quite happy with it, had few very minor issue at start, dealer took care of all. Biggest issue to date....fried control panel at park in Michigan due to possible voltage irregularity, fixed under warranty. Have used about 25 times in 10 different states.

NorskeBob
04-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Joining the party late....have a 2014 Avalanche 355RK, both new 3yr ago, my 1st 5er. Over all quite happy with it, had few very minor issue at start, dealer took care of all. Biggest issue to date....fried control panel at park in Michigan due to possible voltage irregularity, fixed under warranty. Have used about 25 times in 10 different states.

Would a surge protector helped? I use a portable one.

Bebo
04-19-2017, 12:44 PM
I would assume so, obviously did not have one then, I do have one now....signals for surges as well as low voltage....learning some things as we go....fortunately all was covered with warranty.

m&m
04-19-2017, 02:40 PM
After having elect issues with new 65MB which had to go in for repair I now have a surge protector. Not 100% trust worthy. Power problems at park got past unit, more repairs but not expensive nor major components. Most campers in group have surge protectors.

reddog7571
04-23-2017, 05:41 AM
I've been reading several online RV forums over the last 5 years, and I put a surge protector on my "Must have List" right away! Being an electrician, it just made good sense!

Bebo
04-23-2017, 09:13 AM
Yep, we live, we learned, bought one right away after that trip....all is good. Wisdom is gained from experience....

NorskeBob
04-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Glad we had on when we stayed at a RV park in Lake George - voltage was very low in the RV park. My surge protector removed power from the RV due to low voltage many times during the day. They also had a major electrical fault during the day too - part of the park lost power until the Utility crew came out to fix the problem. Was a hot summer day - 4th of July weekend and everyone was running their AC units.

I did smoke the power supply to the frig many years ago when we had a motor home - it could not take the power surge during as storm - I did not have a surge protector then.

Also, I use the portable surge protector to check out the power on the power pole. I plug in the portable surge protector - check the power - voltage and freq. If the power looks good then I connect the RV. At one RV park I found that there was a phase voltage problem on the 50 amp service but the 30 amp service was good.

MarineFam
04-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Hey Everyone! My wife and I own a 2015 Avalanche 361TG. We bought it new off the lot, trading in our 30' Wildcat Tag Trailer. I ad been searching for this floor plan with having two boys and usually having friends along it's worked great. This will be my first year hauling it with my truck. In the past, we were seasonal and a Buddy hauled it for the only other place we go for a long stretch in Bar Harbor, Maine. So far we love it.
Right now I'm looking at hitches and need to decide on one this week so I can get the ball rolling getting it installed. seeing some of the comments I'm really thinking about an auto slide like a friend suggested. Thoughts?

NorskeBob
05-01-2017, 03:47 AM
We just purchased a 2017 329RS. Any insights?
Looking to install a TV in the bedroom. Ours did not come one installed. Not sure how one is installed at the factory. Has anyone installed one themselves?

Had the RV dealer install the TV wall mount - just the part that attaches to the wall. The screws that come with the kit are too long so we had to purchase some 1 1/4 inch bevel head metal screws. He said that there is plywood behind the area for the TV. As it turns our where he put the wall mounting piece there was an aluminum stud. Three screws hold the mount in place. The TV is not quite centered top to bottom so there is a little "shelf space" on the bottom.

Mounted the bracket to the TV first. I had to take the mount apart (near the wall bracket - allen screw at the top where it swivels) so I could get the bracket to slide over the wall bracket. Probably not explaining it well.

Need to attach the strap yet.

I purchased a Vizio 32" TV - D32-D1 from Wally World.

NorskeBob
05-01-2017, 04:01 AM
Bath room - - I figured out how to mount a toilet paper mount and a hand towel mount. Where did you put the mount for bath towels?

John&Genny
05-01-2017, 11:52 AM
As you noticed, the 320 doesn't have much in the way of bathroom wall space. We used those 3M Command brushed nickel hooks and put one directly above the toilet high on the wall, and the other just to the right of the shower door. That's about the only place there is as far as we can tell. Just out of curiosity, where did you mount your TP holder? We mounted ours on the bathroom sink lower right door. Open the door, and it's there handy. Close the door and out of sight :)

NorskeBob
05-01-2017, 03:19 PM
As you noticed, the 320 doesn't have much in the way of bathroom wall space. We used those 3M Command brushed nickel hooks and put one directly above the toilet high on the wall, and the other just to the right of the shower door. That's about the only place there is as far as we can tell. Just out of curiosity, where did you mount your TP holder? We mounted ours on the bathroom sink lower right door. Open the door, and it's there handy. Close the door and out of sight :)

TP - same location
hand towel - put a holder on the left side of the sink - put a backing board inside the "linen" closet for the screws

NorskeBob
05-03-2017, 05:05 AM
Had the RV dealer install the TV wall mount - just the part that attaches to the wall. The screws that come with the kit are too long so we had to purchase some 1 1/4 inch bevel head metal screws. He said that there is plywood behind the area for the TV. As it turns our where he put the wall mounting piece there was an aluminum stud. Three screws hold the mount in place. The TV is not quite centered top to bottom so there is a little "shelf space" on the bottom.

Mounted the bracket to the TV first. I had to take the mount apart (near the wall bracket - allen screw at the top where it swivels) so I could get the bracket to slide over the wall bracket. Probably not explaining it well.

Need to attach the strap yet.

I purchased a Vizio 32" TV - D32-D1 from Wally World.

Attached the straps - turns out there is no plywood behind the TV area. Attached the straps to the center screws on the sides of the TV mounting "box". Guess the guy that installed the TV mount knew that there was a aluminum stud in the location. Also I found out the that the studs are not on 16" centers in that area.

m&m
05-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Nice Thanks

NorskeBob
05-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Added a bath towel rack today. Had to modify the part that hangs over the door. Cut it so it is flush with the outside of the door and screwed it to the top of the door with 4 screws.

NorskeBob
05-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Gray 1 and the black tank valves are not labeled correctly. When I opened gray 1 the black tank emptied and when I opened the black tank valve gray 1 tank emptied. Was easy to test - the RV dealer had left the water in the tanks after they tested the tank level monitoring system. Re-labeled the valve handles.

John&Genny had posted a picture on 4/26
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=235255

ctbruce
05-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Added a bath towel rack today. Had to modify the part that hangs over the door. Cut it so it is flush with the outside of the door and screwed it to the top of the door with 4 screws.
Thanks for posting this. I have this towel rack and it annoys the crap out of me sliding around. Never even thought about screw holes or screwing it down. Duh on me. Fixing this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

NorskeBob
05-05-2017, 07:18 AM
Thanks for posting this. I have this towel rack and it annoys the crap out of me sliding around. Never even thought about screw holes or screwing it down. Duh on me. Fixing this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Had to remove the door to install the rack. Countersunk the existing screw holes (2) and the two I made.

InterDesign York - Over-The-Shower-Door 3-Bar Towel Rack

Tried to modify a picture to show the part I cut off. I used a jig saw with a fine metal blade to make the cut.

Terry W.
05-06-2017, 05:55 AM
OK I'm late get in this. we have a 2012 330RE. Got in new and we love it. We have a short bed pick up with a manual slider hitch and I slide it back all the time for 2 reasons 1 clearance 2 trailer responds quicker. About the water pressure I got a house regulator from Lowes. using a pressure gage set it for 50psi. Reason the opening is larger than RV models, more volume same pressure. Also I plumbed in a 10 filter using PVC. Black tank flush seem to work well never had a bad smell in unit. I use a clear section of pipe to see and I "flush" tank, not paying for water. One trip in for warranty repair, slide was dragging on floor. Now have another one starting to do it so I try and adjust it myself. OK I'll quite for now bottom line we are very pleased with ours.

PARAPTOR
05-06-2017, 06:36 AM
We went with a toilet paper holder on a stand with library :cool: I would take and attach a picture BUT its raining and 40 degrees out today :nonono: At least I think it is rain :facepalm:

NorskeBob
05-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Space above the pantry that is lit. Seems like a waste of space - maybe used to gain access to the shower head area. Wonder how the lights would be changed.

John&Genny
05-18-2017, 11:17 AM
We wondered about those decorative lights as well above the pantry. Hopefully they are LED and will last until we end up in a senior center :) BTW, nice picture. You should work for Keystone marketing :)

NorskeBob
05-18-2017, 12:19 PM
We wondered about those decorative lights as well above the pantry. Hopefully they are LED and will last until we end up in a senior center :) BTW, nice picture. You should work for Keystone marketing :)

Grabbed the pantry picture off their web site.

NorskeBob
06-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Covered the steps to the bedroom/bath. The color match is better than what the picture show. Caprice Bullnose Carpet Stair Tread.

John&Genny
06-08-2017, 02:12 PM
I wish you wouldn't post nice pictures like that. My wife will see those and say to me "Honey, that looks really nice, will you do that also!?" :)

Last trip we installed the Vizio 32" TV along with the bracket in the bedroom. I found a bracket on Amazon that had good ratings:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DAMSTNO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A very hefty mount and can easily handle larger displays. Even includes a built-in level to make sure you are square :) Using a stud finder it was easy to find the aluminum stud and get the bracket arm attached. Then just had to attach the VESA 100 mounting bracket, slide it into the arm notches, and it was done. Easy peezy, well, almost :)

Also installed the Furrion wireless backup camera/monitor:

https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-FOS48TAPK-BL-Wireless-High-Speed-Observation/dp/B010XWNFOM

The newer Avalanches and other Keystone RV's have the Furrion mounting bracket and wiring pre-installed so it was easy to do that one. Just plug-in the camera, attach it to the bracket, setup the monitor in the truck, and that was it. As soon as I turned on the monitor I was looking at the rear view. I did need to make a small adjustment to the camera for the right viewing angle.

That's about it for the mods I wanted to do on the 320 right now. Eventually once the warranty runs out, I would like to do a hard wired Progressive Industries surge protector system. Plus I may need to do the carpet if the wife reads the forum :D

NorskeBob
06-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Nice Mods John&Genny.

Have not pulled the trigger on a backup camera but I did install a TPMS - TireTraker TT-500. Easy installation. It is within 2# of a tire gauge. It will enable me to monitor tire pressure and temperature. I did purchase the booster (cheaper when purchasing the unit). I did not install the booster yet. Will try it out next weekend and see if I need the booster. I walked about 60 feet from the RV and I could still monitor tire pressure and temperature

Why I decided to install the TPMS:
Last year in September we lost the rear wheel on the drivers side of our previous RV. The outer bearing had failed. I did not even know that we had lost the wheel. A driver passed us and alerted of us of the problem. The TT-500 may have helped us see the problem coming before it did. It would have at least let me know we lost the wheel.

Picture of wheel chained up so we could get off the thruway and second picture is the damage to the side of the RV.

If this were to occur on our Avalanche the rear leveling jack would be damaged too.

NorskeBob
06-09-2017, 12:07 PM
It appears that the bedroom AC is not connected to the ceiling AC duct work. I think some Keystone products have the 2nd AC connected to the duct work.

Randyj
06-09-2017, 04:25 PM
I have found the same issue with my 361tg, the solution I felt that worked better was remove the 2 vent covers off the ducts in the ceiling. They just snap off. Made a difference

Randyj
06-09-2017, 04:27 PM
My cold air comes from back air conditioner

John&Genny
06-17-2017, 07:08 PM
It appears that the bedroom AC is not connected to the ceiling AC duct work. I think some Keystone products have the 2nd AC connected to the duct work.

Genny and I tested our bedroom AC this afternoon Bob and the air does come through the main vents. It's not blasting through but it is definitely coming in the vents. One thing you will find is that there are also vents on the AC unit itself that you can open up for a "quick cool". If those are open, then what you have coming through the ducting would be miniscule.

CaptnJohn
06-18-2017, 04:55 AM

The AC in the bedroom of my Montana is ducted. Using the same ductwork as the main unit I wonder how effective it will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trooper253
06-19-2017, 10:49 AM
I ran into an issue with the AC on my 361TG. The front AC is ducted by on mine the duct work was taped so that it did not allow much air flow. The same for the rear unit. The problem we had was the living/kitchen area would not get cool. I took it in under warranty and they re did the duct work and put two more vents in the living/kitchen area and it works much better.

NorskeBob
06-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Finally got the Avalanche for a weekend of camping - to my surprise the bathroom sink is plumbed to the black water tank. Was not like that in any of our other campers. Picture getting ready to go.

I replaced the hitch head on our Husky 16K hitch - the Avalanche towed much better. The old hitch head was 14 years old and the pivot and friction points must have been worn.

John&Genny
06-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Finally got the Avalanche for a weekend of camping - to my surprise the bathroom sink is plumbed to the black water tank. Was not like that in any of our other campers.

Are you absolutely positive it's connected to the black water tank? It sure seems that this would be a health issue, if nothing else a possible way to get some nasty smells into the bathroom other than from the toilet. We have two grey water tanks, you would think one would be for the kitchen, and the other for the shower/bathroom sink.

NorskeBob
06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Are you absolutely positive it's connected to the black water tank? It sure seems that this would be a health issue, if nothing else a possible way to get some nasty smells into the bathroom other than from the toilet. We have two grey water tanks, you would think one would be for the kitchen, and the other for the shower/bathroom sink.

:angel: I am sure that the bathroom sink is going to the black water tank. At the state park campground with full hook ups I saw the black water tank level go up while flushing the water lines via the bathroom sink.

As an additional check - When I got home I put a 5 gallon bucket under the sewer hose connection, opened the black tank valve and emptied the remaining contents in the tank. About 1 gallon of black tank contents emptied into the bucket. I then dumped 3 gallons of water into the bathroom sink and saw that the water came out of the sewer hose connection via the "black tank valve".

So it looks like our tanks provide the following: 2 gray water tanks - kitchen and shower (about 42 gallons each) and 1 black water tank - toilet and bathroom sink (49 gallons).

We have owned 7 RVs (motor homes, pull behinds and fifth wheels) since 1989 and none of them had the bathroom sink routed to the black water tank.

Thundershorts
06-21-2017, 04:07 PM
I found it strange that the sink goes into the black holding tank, this is the first trailer that I've had plumbed this way. When I first brought the trailer home, I filled the holding tanks to check the lights and flush them. I originally thought the sensors were not working, until I checked the black tank level. I am hoping it will not be an issue when I don't have full hookups.

NorskeBob
06-26-2017, 06:44 AM
I found it strange that the sink goes into the black holding tank, this is the first trailer that I've had plumbed this way. When I first brought the trailer home, I filled the holding tanks to check the lights and flush them. I originally thought the sensors were not working, until I checked the black tank level. I am hoping it will not be an issue when I don't have full hookups.

:eek: E-Mail from Keystone:
Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Yes, in some models, the determination was made to route the sink to the black tank. If you have additional questions, let me know. Have a great day!

John&Genny
06-27-2017, 07:50 PM
:eek: E-Mail from Keystone:
Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Yes, in some models, the determination was made to route the sink to the black tank. If you have additional questions, let me know. Have a great day!

Well I think we know for sure now, although it still seems a bit wierd they would do it that way.

NorskeBob
07-04-2017, 03:29 AM
Genny and I tested our bedroom AC this afternoon Bob and the air does come through the main vents. It's not blasting through but it is definitely coming in the vents. One thing you will find is that there are also vents on the AC unit itself that you can open up for a "quick cool". If those are open, then what you have coming through the ducting would be miniscule.

Checked it again and it is aligned to the ceiling ducts - closing the vents on each side does allow for more airflow through the ducting.

NorskeBob
07-04-2017, 04:11 AM
:rolleyes: Dry camping:

Performed our first dry camping with our 320RS. We were at the Watkins Glen race track for the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen. We arrived Thursday morning and left Sunday Afternoon after the race. This usually the only time we dry camp in the summer - unless we go to the Vintage Cup weekend too. It was nice to have our home on wheels at the track.

I was expecting a wet weekend so I put 2" X10" X 8' boards under the wheels on each side. I had the long boards made to make it easier to get my 160 lb. yamaha generator in and out of the truck bed. I have 2" X10" X12" inch boards for the leveling jacks. We were lucky that we only got one big storm come through during one of the mornings.

I brought along a Honda 2000 watt generator to power the RV a couple times during the day. I use an RV adapter 30 amp adapter that I purchased with my yamaha generator to connect the generator to the RV power cord. I ran both fantastic fans (kitchen and bathroom) 24 hrs/day and kept the frig on GAS. Ran the generator for battery recharging and running AC voltage appliances. Kept the generator under the table/chair slide and had it locked to the front rear leg on that side. I use a large master lock and heavy duty plastic coated cable. I have the Anti-theft bracket installed on the generator carrying handle

I used the generator when it came time to put the slides in and the rear jacks up. Used power from the truck for bringing the front jacks up. We were limited on space for hitching up the RV so I used the generator to minimize the time I was blocking the road. The batteries were discharged enough that I did not want to try using the electric slide, hydraulic slide and rear jacks. I am going to install a DC voltmeter in the battery compartment so I can monitor the battery discharge (better then the monitor panel lights).

One odd thing - I filled the water tank about 1/4 full before we left for the track. When I got to the track and tried to fill the water tank initially no water entered the tank. I have a 90 degree elbow on the city water connection and I took it off and then was able to put water in the tank. It seemed that there was plenty of water pressure to open the back flow preventer (check valve) on the city water inlet. Removing the 90 degree fitting seemed to help. I will connect the RV to the city water at home and do a test using a water pressure regulator - will see how much pressure is needed to open the inlet check valve. (note I have a 45 degree on the black tank flush to make it easier to connect flush water).

We used the shower in the trailer instead of the ones in the rest rooms. We took "submarine showers" to minimize water use. We did add about 14 gallons of water to the fresh water tank via the vent connection. I used a 7 gallon water tank and a funnel that has a flex hose on it. Pouring the water in slow and letting the tank "burp" a couple of times allowed water to enter the tank.

reddog7571
07-04-2017, 07:57 AM
M&M,
How do you fill your fresh water tank once you are already at your camp site? Just remove the over fill cover and use some kind of funnel?

NorskeBob
07-04-2017, 08:40 AM
M&M,
How do you fill your fresh water tank once you are already at your camp site? Just remove the over fill cover and use some kind of funnel?

Yes - removed the vent cover, and then removed the screen that is behind the cover.

Extended the flex attached to the funnel and inserted it into the vent line. Poured water into the funnel slowly and stopped a couple if times to let the tank burp through the vent line. It is a two person job - one to hold the funnel and one to pour the water.

I have tried filing with a garden hose and a few different hose/funnel arrangements - none of them worked. The funnel and funnel attachment I have now does the job. I purchased the funnel at the camp store at a state park.

I will have to use the same method at a couple of state parks we stay at. I try to get a site close to a water spigot so I can fill using the normal fill method or via the funnel/water container.

I mentioned in one of my earlier post that I had to tape up the vent line to get water in the tank via the vent connection. Used gorilla duct tape. Some RV shops use the gorilla tape for taping the belly liner. Easier to purchase (get mine at Lowe's) and is a little thicker/stronger tape.

davedebbieg
07-05-2017, 09:14 AM
I had to have Comcast come out and rewire half of the factory cable wiring in order to get my TV's working. They found 4 splitters just in the front half of the trailer. I just purchased a 2018 Avalanche 395BH....The cable wiring was so bad that I couldn't get enough signal to any TV in the trailer. Keystone, please take the time to correctly wire the cable system in your 5th wheels....Do your customer a favor and give them what they paid for....PLEASE

trooper253
07-05-2017, 02:16 PM
I had trouble with the TV in my outside kitchen on my 361TG. I emailed Keystone to see if they could tell me the location of the splitter. They emailed back that you could not run cable to that TV. I finally found that there is a splitter behind each TV that send the signal to the next TV in line. The lines on each was loose and the signal got better throughout the camper. I had trouble getting to the one in the rear bedroom that went to the outside kitchen. I am going to try it again now that I have the camper home and have more tools to try and get better access to it.

davedebbieg
07-06-2017, 04:51 AM
I found 1 splitter behind one of the TV jacks. The comcast tech found 3 more in the front storage bay...That's rediculous..... I had a +6db going into the trailer and a -16db at the 2nd TV....

NorskeBob
07-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Had an issue with one of our MCD shades - found a similar item on the net. I pulled on one of the shades, heard a "pop", and the shade unraveled toward the floor. The shade would no longer retract. Will take it down to see if I have the same issue as described below.

Found this on the "net":
Thinking the tension spring broke inside the shade mechanism, I called MCD shade and spoke with "Bill". Bill had me take the shade apart. To my surprise the spring was intact. He then had me focus on a small black wheel that has a couple tabs on it. These tabs were supposed to be approximately 1/16" in height, but I could barely feel them with my finger. These tabs are supposed to keep tension on the spring. Bill told me movement from the motorhome, along with the tension of the spring, can cause this black piece to unwind. When the black piece unwinds, the force will cause the black tabs to shave off inside the shade mechanism and no longer hold tension on the spring.

After ordering the replacement parts, Bill told me a temporary fix was to take a soldering iron (http://skimlinks.pgpartner.com/mrdr.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fskimlinks.pgpartner.com% 2Fsearch.php%2Fform_keyword%3Dsoldering%2Biron) and burn several indents on the black piece. These indents will raise the plastic enough to hold the black piece in place and keep tension on the spring. Although skeptical, I tried this and it did work. The shade is in place while the replacement parts are being shipped to me.

Just something to think about should you run into the same problem?

John&Genny
07-19-2017, 10:35 AM
Genny and I came to the conclusion that the MCD shades are just poor quality and we plan on having them replaced sometime next year. The smaller shades seem to be OK, but the springs on the larger shades just don't seem to have enough tension for them to retract properly. I know the tension can be adjusted, but I'm not sure how to remove the shades to make the tension adjustment. And even then, I'm not sure it would make that much difference.

NorskeBob
07-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Genny and I came to the conclusion that the MCD shades are just poor quality and we plan on having them replaced sometime next year. The smaller shades seem to be OK, but the springs on the larger shades just don't seem to have enough tension for them to retract properly. I know the tension can be adjusted, but I'm not sure how to remove the shades to make the tension adjustment. And even then, I'm not sure it would make that much difference.

:rolleyes: Sent an e-mail to my contact in MCD, Lori Wright, this morning and the technician, Mike West, already got back to me. Mike gave me an option of a new shade or new end pieces. I chose new end pieces because it will be quicker to resolve the issue and may help in the future. The new end pieces are made of metal instead of plastic. Mike put the new end pieces in the mail today. I chose to deal with this myself instead of going through the RV dealer - much quicker response. I am still waiting for a new shade of the correct color from the RV dealer. Mike indicated that if I continue to have issues that I should give him a call and he will send replacement parts as needed. Mike also indicated that the issue occurs with the longer shades. We have 8 MCD shades in our fifth wheel. Three of them are of the longer style.

Below are pictures of the end piece and the manufactures sticker that is on the support bar for the shade. Note that the "SB" number on the third line is the color of the shade - SB50.

When I receive the pieces I'll update the posting. I describe how I installed the end pieces and how I adjusted the spring tension and auto stop (may not need to adjust them).

MCD contacts:
Lori Wright
Customer Service
Airxcel, Inc. – MCD Innovations
3303 N. McDonald St.
McKinney, TX 75071
Office: 972.548.1850
Fax: 972.542.4881

Mike West
Technical Support
Airxcel, Inc. – MCD Innovations
3303 N. McDonald St.
McKinney, TX 75071
Office: 972.548.1850
Fax: 972.542.4881

John&Genny
07-20-2017, 05:48 AM
Thanks NorskeBob for the contact information. I'll give Lori a call sometime this week and see about getting the new end pieces for our shades as well. At least they are aware of the problems and actively trying to solve the issues with the longer shades.

NorskeBob
07-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Thanks NorskeBob for the contact information. I'll give Lori a call sometime this week and see about getting the new end pieces for our shades as well. At least they are aware of the problems and actively trying to solve the issues with the longer shades.

:confused: I asked Mike about additional end pieces - he indicated that they will be replaced as they fail. If another one goes I'll push the issue a little harder.

m&m
07-21-2017, 03:23 AM
This will be first time posting about issues while we begin our 4K trip.
2 days before final inspection begins. Decided to even wash our vacation home on wheels. Problem 1 began when we went into turn on the frige. "no ac". Since still under warranty we call our dealership 2hr away. Within 2 min tech on line talking to me to run thru what I need to do. Step by step. I thank him and continued the procedure trying to find the 3amp fuse (paper showing 3amp fuse on bar). Looked in all the places he said. Hrs later no luck,took a break. Just used gas as had to leave in AM. Long story short there is no 3amp fuse. The wiring is tied into the gfi outlet.
When washing rig got water into black covers and unit shut down. Lesson learned.
New wiring program not shown on wiring diagram. Called tech back. He was surprised and very grateful, had us good laugh.
Yes I have a great customer service dealership.

m&m
07-21-2017, 04:29 AM
trying to catch up to our destination resort. Normally this rig rides smooth and nothing moves in the unit. This day however due to extremely bad road conditions on I10 from Roberts,La to Willis ,Tx many items in the rig were on the floor. A couple of cabinet doors were open. Speed limit 70 I was down to55 and yet we had a mess.Will not go back that way through construction zones.
I10 entering Tx was the worst and most dangerous I'd been through in a long long time. Just glad we check before opening slides.

NorskeBob
07-22-2017, 06:37 AM
Looks like the seal is going on the dinette/chair slide on our RV. I noted it after returning from a camping trip - saw the fluid on the driveway. Will be talking to the dealer next week.
The fluid on the piston is after extending the slide.
Anyone have a seal fail before?

update 7/25:
Have contacted Keystone, Lippert (LCI) and the dealer. Awaiting and answer from the three.

LCI initial response is opening a case#:
Thank you for contacting Lippert Components Customer Service Team. Case #1521296 has been created in response to your submission.

I did watch the piston as the slide goes in and out and there is forward and rearward movement, about ½” or so, of the piston housing as the slide goes in and out. I do not know if this is common.

Thundershorts
07-22-2017, 08:57 AM
I have only had minor issues with my trailer so far. Dealership has been great at getting the unit in to do the repairs. I still have one issue not resolved yet, no TV reception. DW and I are leaving for Branson MO in just over a week, so we will see if that issue gets corrected. The propane line I installed that runs over to the hydraulic/battery compartment works great.

NorskeBob
07-22-2017, 11:40 AM
:confused: I asked Mike about additional end pieces - he indicated that they will be replaced as they fail. If another one goes I'll push the issue a little harder.

Parts came in the mail today: One on the left - gray color sets the auto stop; and the one on the right - black color adjusts the spring. Will install tomorrow.

m&m
07-22-2017, 06:39 PM
An update to an adventure of a lifetime. Very strange driving on the state roads in Tx. Not used to 75mph on back roads, which are better than the interstate. We drive about 62. On arrival at the RV park in Glen Rose,Tx thought I would set up about 3:30pm ct. Make this short. The Hydraulic system main pressure hose ruptured. Fluid everywhere. The jacks deployed and unit level. 1 slide out and the other 3 slides partially deployed. System shut down. Called Keystone which left me to fix the problem. Nearest dealer was about an hr away, it was up to them. Their reply was we don't service that area.
Fortunate for me my friend who I hosted at the park this week is co-owner of a hydraulic repair co. He is also a Montana owner. He made 1 call to his office and 15 min later we were on our way to a repair facility with the hose. About an hour later the other slides deployed and DW happy. Lesson learned.

CaptnJohn
07-22-2017, 06:51 PM
An update to an adventure of a lifetime. Very strange driving on the state roads in Tx. Not used to 75mph on back roads, which are better than the interstate. We drive about 62. On arrival at the RV park in Glen Rose,Tx thought I would set up about 3:30pm ct. Make this short. The Hydraulic system main pressure hose ruptured. Fluid everywhere. The jacks deployed and unit level. 1 slide out and the other 3 slides partially deployed. System shut down. Called Keystone which left me to fix the problem. Nearest dealer was about an hr away, it was up to them. Their reply was we don't service that area.
Fortunate for me my friend who I hosted at the park this week is co-owner of a hydraulic repair co. He is also a Montana owner. He made 1 call to his office and 15 min later we were on our way to a repair facility with the hose. About an hour later the other slides deployed and DW happy. Lesson learned.

You need to buy a lottery ticket! Buy 1 for me too. No one else ever had that repair done so quickly and easily.

m&m
07-23-2017, 02:56 AM
You need to buy a lottery ticket! Buy 1 for me too. No one else ever had that repair done so quickly and easily.

My friend provides to all/any co wanting hydraulic repairs. His customer service dept. is outstanding. The coast for the hose,fluid and gas less than $50.

m&m
07-23-2017, 03:05 AM
The lottery ticket is a great idea. Another update.
The question about ac units in the rig. They are NOT sufficient for the Tx. heat in the summer. Good up to about noon. Recover and start cooling down after sun goes down. Temps. 98-107.
Temp was hot enough to melt / break fitting for sewer hose. very lucky I check before I open valve.
Leaving today for Dallas.

NorskeBob
07-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Parts came in the mail today: One on the left - gray color sets the auto stop; and the one on the right - black color adjusts the spring. Will install tomorrow.

Installed the new end pieces today. I was able to adjust the spring tension but do not have the upper stop set properly yet. I took one of the old end pieces apart , the one that adjusts the spring tension, and the plastic internal gears all looked right - no teeth missing off the gears.

John&Genny
07-24-2017, 06:50 AM
Looks like the seal is going on the dinette/chair slide on our RV. I noted it after returning from a camping trip - saw the fluid on the driveway. Will be talking to the dealer next week.
The fluid on the piston is after extending the slide.
Anyone have a seal fail before?

Sorry to hear about the slideout seal NorskeBob. I'll give mine a lookover today and make sure ours is looking OK.

NorskeBob
07-25-2017, 08:27 AM
:banghead: We are having continued problems with the end roller (dresser side of door) coming loose on the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom. The door is not solid wood and the roller kept coming loose from hitting the screw that is used for a door stop. I took the door down and used gorilla glue to re-attach the screws and fill in the cracks in the fiber in the door. I then added a third roller between the two existing rollers and added a new end stop. I purchased the roller on amazon - Prime-Line Products N 6847 Pocket Door Roller Assembly, 3/4 in., FLAT, Plastic Wheels on Steel Bracket (Pack of 2). The end stop is a standard L bracket.

John&Genny
07-25-2017, 07:38 PM
So I got underneath the slides yesterday and took a look at both hydraulic pistons on the dining room & entertainment center slides and didn't notice any significant leaking. There was one small bead of fluid on the Entertainment Center/Kitchen slide piston. After getting it on my finger, it looked more like some kind of lubricant than hydraulic fluid. I'll keep a look out for any other leaks from the piston.

The MCD shades seem to be a constant pain in the rear. What it looks like to me is those shades are basically the same internally and cut to whatever size the manufacturer specifies. So although the springs might be sufficient for the smaller shades, the springs just can't handle the larger shades installed in the 320. We will see what happens when we get the new end pieces installed, but I'm not holding out much hope.

CaptnJohn
07-25-2017, 08:16 PM
So I got underneath the slides yesterday and took a look at both hydraulic pistons on the dining room & entertainment center slides and didn't notice any significant leaking. There was one small beak of fluid on the Entertainment Center/Kitchen slide piston. After getting it on my finger, it looked more like some kind of lubricant than hydraulic fluid. I'll keep a look out for any other leaks from the piston.

The MCD shades seem to be a constant pain in the rear. What it looks like to me is those shades are basically the same internally and cut to whatever size the manufacturer specifies. So although the springs might be sufficient for the smaller shades, the springs just can't handle the larger shades installed in the 320. We will see what happens when we get the new end pieces installed, but I'm not holding out much hope.

My Montana has 3 that use 51" blinds. I'll have Keystone replace them until they get it right or the warranty runs out. A small one and 2 large have been replaced and the last large is being ordered now. One large on my Cougar was never a problem. MCD changed something. My wife and daughter are designers and at warranty end they can come up with something or a different manufacturer.

Randyj
07-29-2017, 07:14 AM
I have a 2015 361tg avalanche and ready to trade up to 365mb. We have same issues as others with same model with air conditioning not keeping centre cool. Other then that we have had minor issues that are fixed quickly. Love the model.

trooper253
07-30-2017, 05:25 AM
We have a 2016 361TG and as I posted before we had issues with the Ac in the main area. However after they reworked the ducting and added more vents, it has worked much better. I found a post on here where they replaced the ceiling vents with ones with more gap between the vents that allowed better airflow. I am going to try that as well.

Bash
08-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Hello all! I am about ready to dive into a 5er. I have been researching the Avalanche 320RS for 4 months and not one has been available within 300+ miles to walk through until now! Lot's of great advice already discussed on this forum...tank pull levers for Black/Grey mislabeled. Bath sink drains into black tank, some extra wide pull down shades need beefier springs and they break etc. Check slide seals and hydraulic lines and pistons. Will be taking lots of video and audio notes as I inspect the coach. Please chime in on anything else to check. Will let the wife entertain the salesman while they discuss the glitter, bells and whistles. I hope to add some detail for those who already own a 320RS and to those looking at buying one, like myself. I want to report the quality I am seeing. No price discussions here either. Simple.. honest..good and bad.. with pictures and video.. in hopes of informing and improving what is a really nice coach. Plan to own soon!

Bash

John&Genny
08-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Bash! The DW and I really like the 320RS overall. As with all coaches, there are some things that Keystone could have done better such as the MCD shades, AC vents, etc. What I would recommend is to have a PDI checklist along with you as a guideline. Here is a forum thread that links to a good checklist:

PDI Checklist Thread (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5129&highlight=checklist)

This is just a general guideline on what to watch for and if you do intend to do a full PDI, give your dealer advance notice so he can allocate the time. Since our dealer was out of town, we stayed overnight at their facility making sure everything worked before we drove off the lot.

As far as price goes, from the reasearh the wife and I did, most dealers have a 30 to 35% markup on RV's they sell. But if you go into a dealership asking for 30% off the MSRP, they would probably show you the door :) However, I think you should expect to get 20 to 25% off the MSRP. And be sure they show you the actual MSRP sheet from Keystone. One dealer we checked showed us a made up MSRP sheet that didn't reflect a $7000 manufacturers rebate being given to the customer. Needless to say we didn't buy from them.

Anyway, good luck on your 320RS purchase, and let us know if you need anything. There are a few of us 320 owners in here now :)

Bash
08-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Our walk through the Avalanche 320RS was awesome. The wife admired all the nice features as I inspected seals, door alignments etc. Once back at the sales office I was told I needed a sliding hitch. I have a new 2017 Ford F-250 Diesel SRW with 5th wheel hitch prep and a new Reese Elite 18K hitch part#30142. Drops right into the puck system.

So I have been under the assumption that the "MAX TURN high-gloss fiberglass front cap and rear with 30% better turning radius" would allow enough turning radius to park this sucker most anywhere without a drastic turning radius required. Do I need to rush return this Reese Elite for a model that has the additional 10" rails? Or is my current Reese Elite hitch just fine as long as I practice backing and use a little common sense? Have had a travel trailer for a few years without any backing issues. And the additional rails adds a hefty price increase.

Thanks for the advice and insight!!!

Bash

JRTJH
08-09-2017, 04:06 PM
The Avalanche has a front cap that's very much the same shape as the Cougar XLite. I have a F250 with a short bed. I also have the Ford "puck system" and use a Curt hitch. I've never even come close to the cab of the truck. I'd suggest if you already have the hitch, rather than buy something you may not need, wait until you take delivery, back the truck under the trailer, then back at an angle until you're close to the cab. Get out and look at the angles and see if you "want more capability". If you do, then buy the hitch, if you don't think you need more, "put 'er in drive and go home".....

I can back at angles I feel are "unhealthy for the tires/axles" and still not come close to the cab, so for me, a sliding hitch would never be used.

reddog7571
08-15-2017, 03:33 PM
It sounds like Texas in teh summer may not be a great idea, right?

JimJan
08-17-2017, 08:47 AM
Hello Avalanche owners. The wife and I just upgraded from a 28' Forest River 5th wheel to the 2012 Avalanche 345TG at 38' long.
Sure is a lot more camper. The past owner was very good to the unit as everything looks brand new. The refrigerator was just replaced by the dealer so that is new.
We haul it with our 2011 Chevy 2500HD Diesel. I added air bags as a precaution even though there was still 1-1/2" between the springs and the bump stop when loaded. I have yet to take it to the scales for proper information.

Was wondering about the water tank location, hard to find when I removed the plywood shield to find. Is it behind the axles and the 2 gray and 1 black tanks?
Thanks!

mouse101uk
09-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Hi y'all

We got our Avalanche on July 6, have lived in it since. Rather than me detailing everything here I'll give a link to my website where I'm doing a monthly blog. Below the walkthrough video you will find our first 2 months.
http://rv-sure.com/full-time-rv-life

Nick

NorskeBob
10-24-2017, 09:26 AM
Stop at Davis truck stop in VA and checked the weight of our Avalanche at the CAT scale:
Steer Axle - 4,900 lbs
Drive Axle - 6,580 lbs
Trailer Axles - 10,500 lbs
Gross weight - 21,980 lbs

My previous trailer/truck weight was 20,180 lbs.
Towing the a the Avalanche has reduced my fuel mileage by 1 mpg. It is a heavier trailer and a higher trailer height.

Full tank of fuel, 1/3 tank of water and other tanks empty. Two adults and a small dog in the cab of the truck. Both Propane tanks full.

Stag126
11-26-2017, 08:14 PM
i am getting avalanche 365mb 2018 model hopefully by end 0f mmonth ordered at rv show in harrisburg pa

texas-traveler
11-26-2017, 08:51 PM
Picked up our 2018 320rs Avalanche on 6 Oct. planning on first trip 1 Dec. Have made several small mods. and just sorting out stuff from old rig(2005 cedar creek) and packing only what is needed. that has been a nightmare. added air bags to tv.

NorskeBob
02-06-2018, 09:13 AM
Backup camera system - installed the furrion camera today. Our RV came pre-wired. The power is on all of the time. I checked the 12V fuses and have not found the power source. Has anyone identified the pre-wired power source - 12V fuse panel?

John&Genny
04-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Well now that spring is in the air, and the 320RS is out of storage, the One Year warranty is gone, time for mods! :) The first mod for this seaon was to replace out the old slider type thermostat with a newer digital model. Took only about a half hour to replace it as it’s basically a direct swap out with the same wire color codes. Next on the list is a set of LCI Solera slide toppers for both the large slides and the bedroom. I’ve looked at installation videos and it doesn’t look too difficult if you have some help. From what I can tell, the fabric railings were pre-installed on the Avalanche so that will help considerably. So what kind of mods will you be doing on your Avalanche? :)

chuckster57
04-04-2018, 02:54 AM
Backup camera system - installed the furrion camera today. Our RV came pre-wired. The power is on all of the time. I checked the 12V fuses and have not found the power source. Has anyone identified the pre-wired power source - 12V fuse panel?

Try the junction box for the umbilical (7 way) cord.

E Rod
04-04-2018, 05:58 AM
We bought a 2017 361TG in August and we love it. The auto level works great. The only issue we have is that the living room/ kitchen area is hard to keep cool in very hot days. This is probably due to the positioning of the A/C units. One is in the rear bedroom and one in the front bedroom. Without one in the living area it doesn't stay as cool as we would like, plus the black color doesn't help. But overall we are very pleased

Hello, I had a 2013 343RS Avalanche. Cooled just fine. I traded that one in for a 2017 Alpine 3660FL and was having same issue of it not being cooled enough in summer though I have two a.c.. I added additional return air grille in living room and added additional vents in living room and kitchen area. I changed out the vents with some I purchased on Amazon. They're less restrictive and directional. Unit is much more comfortable now

NorskeBob
04-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Well now that spring is in the air, and the 320RS is out of storage, the One Year warranty is gone, time for mods! :) The first mod for this seaon was to replace out the old slider type thermostat with a newer digital model. Took only about a half hour to replace it as it’s basically a direct swap out with the same wire color codes. Next on the list is a set of LCI Solera slide toppers for both the large slides and the bedroom. I’ve looked at installation videos and it doesn’t look too difficult if you have some help. From what I can tell, the fabric railings were pre-installed on the Avalanche so that will help considerably. So what kind of mods will you be doing on your Avalanche? :)

Looking to replace our thermostat too - which brand/model did you use?

I had the Dometic toppers installed before we took delivery - have white fabric. Black toppers are normally used for color coordination

Just got back from a 2 month stay in Myrtle Beach - no issues with the RV during the stay. Was nice having the large frig.

NorskeBob
04-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Hello, I had a 2013 343RS Avalanche. Cooled just fine. I traded that one in for a 2017 Alpine 3660FL and was having same issue of it not being cooled enough in summer though I have two a.c.. I added additional return air grille in living room and added additional vents in living room and kitchen area. I changed out the vents with some I purchased on Amazon. They're less restrictive and directional. Unit is much more comfortable now

Nice TV and RV.

brad2388
04-04-2018, 08:50 AM

Wo got the 3536re alpine. It didnt cool great either. I added more vents and ended up adding a 3rd ac. Now we csn sit at 68 on 100 degree days if we want!

John&Genny
04-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Looking to replace our thermostat too - which brand/model did you use?

I had the Dometic toppers installed before we took delivery - have white fabric. Black toppers are normally used for color coordination

Just got back from a 2 month stay in Myrtle Beach - no issues with the RV during the stay. Was nice having the large frig.

The original thermostat we had in the RV was a black Coleman-Mach model 7330F3858. The digital replacement is a Coleman-Mach 8330-3862. I purchased mine from RVUpgrades.com:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Mach-Wall-Thermostat-Single-Stage-Heat-Cool-Black-p/63868.htm

I'm sure you probably know this, but disconnect the shore power AND battery before doing the mod just to prevent sparks :)

I'm still getting things ready to go in the RV before we take it out to our permanent camping spot. Only problem is that we haven't had enough warm weather here in the Pacific Northwest to get rid of all the snow north of us. So not sure we are going to make it out there on opening day *grumble*.

NorskeBob
04-15-2018, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the info

NorskeBob
04-15-2018, 04:51 AM

Slide toppers fridge area - dometic brand

John&Genny
04-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Interesting. It looks like they installed the brackets for the slider on the TV/Appliance side on the flange itself. I’ll have to look again to make sure but from what I remember, everywhere you see the black trim on the slide is where the flange is located. So either they had to use really short screws, or they just cut them off after installation. I tried to see what they did on the bedroom slide but I couldn’t quite tell from the picture. However after zooming in a couple of times, it looks like they installed those brackets on the body instead of the flange, is that correct?

I purchased the LCI Solera slide toppers. The bracket they provide is about 7” wide, so to put it on the body on the upper left side so that it clears the refer cover, I could just cut off 3” of the bracket. I would loose a couple of screw holes by doing so, but I could add one just by drilling another hole in the bracket. At least this way I would still be able to install the bracket in the body of the slide instead of the flange. Any thoughts on this?

Also, just out of curiosity, on the Dining area/seating slide, did they install the brackets on the flange there as well?

As always, thanks for the help and sharing your pictures NB! :)

OBX Forever
05-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Hi you all :-) I am new here. I have been looking at 2018 Avalanche 365MB and 370RD. I really like their floor plans. There seems not to be much information about 370RD? Should I be concerned? Also, I see in the posts about 365MB the issues with AC units. Would those issues be solved by now with this year's models?

We currently have a Forest River Heritage Glen 302FK and are seriously looking at those two above mentioned to upgrade.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thundershorts
05-17-2018, 04:00 AM
We have a 370RD and really enjoy it. More than enough room and we like the floor plan. If the kids come along, they have their own couch to sleep on. We have had some minor issues while under warranty, but the dealer has been great to work with. The only one problem with the outside design, you cannot put a slide topper over the dinette slide, it’s too close to the awning. Not really a concern for me as I have never had them on my other trailer. As stated in this forum plenty of times, do a thorough PDI and have a good dealer. Enjoy whatever you decide to buy.

NorskeBob
08-11-2018, 08:43 AM
Fix for our "loose" dinette table. The screws used by the factory never stayed tight.
1. Purchased threaded inserts and 2 1/2 inch, 1/4 by 20 bolts and threaded inserts. Parts purchased at the local Lowes
2. With the screws removed I drilled holes large enough for a 1/4 inch bolt - don't drill to far.
3. Moved the dinette out of the way
4. Cut away the carpet and drilled the holes larger for the treaded inserts
5. Put masking tap over the end of the threaded inserts to prevent epoxy glue from entering the insert.
6. Threaded in the bolts up to the tape on the inserts.
7. Mixed epoxy and "filled" holes.
8. Put the metal inserts into the holes and ensured they were straight. Put extra epoxy around the inserts for added strength.
9. While the expoxy was setting I ensured the inserts remained straight
10. After the epoxy set up I removed the bolts
11. After 24 hours of epoxy set up time placed table in location, installed bolts (with washers) and painted the top of the bolts.
12. Will be camping next week and see if the table remains stable

I found this repair info on the internet

Another option should you have further problems would be to get threaded brass inserts like these (hardware stores should have much smaller quantities). These look like short, thick, brass tubes with a coarse wood thread on the outside and a machine screw thread on the inside. If the inserts are coated with a good adhesive like epoxy before installing, they will never loosen up.
E-Z Lok Threaded Insert, Zinc, Hex-Flush, 1/4"-20 Internal Threads, 0.512" Length

Jim55
10-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know if the 2019 Avalanche 320 still has the bathroom sink plumbed into the black tank?
Thanks

Jim

rogermack50
10-25-2018, 08:07 AM
I bought a 320 in July, love the floor-plan , king bed, 50" TV entertainment system and 3 slides. One thing it is Hugh driving, backing in etc. I bought it with the intention of getting a 6 month spot in Florida and 6 months in Maine. A vacation home. The 2 times that I've taken it out were both within 2 hours of my home, so no having to fuel up etc on the road. But leaving for Florida on Nov 3rd. On a side note I had a extra nice King Mattress and stored the RV one until when i ever sell it....It was just a cement mattress...i know some people like that, but i am spending considerable time in this Condo on wheels and need to be comfortable. The Hydraulic leveling is the best...Mine works great so far, push a button and let it do its thing...

John&Genny
10-26-2018, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know if the 2019 Avalanche 320 still has the bathroom sink plumbed into the black tank?
Thanks

Jim

It probably does Jim, but honestly it hasn’t been a problem in our 2017. The sink does have a P-trap and when it has water in the trap, that will prevent the sewer gases from coming back into the bathroom.

John&Genny
10-27-2018, 07:02 AM
Rogermack: Glad you are enjoying your 320. We love ours and it was sad to put it to bed for the winter. Right now it’s in storage and we probably won’t get it out again until sometime in March. The DW and I are looking forward to when she can retire and we can do a bit more time on the road.

ctbruce
10-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Took advantage of a gorgeous day to winterize mine. Last year the dealer did it and I had them install the winterization valve and tube. Made it super simple to DIY today. So glad I did that.

Also checked my L-bracket bolts and found a couple of loose ones. Fixed those too. Also brought my hitch home to wire brush, repaint and retorque the nuts.

You should check your nuts every once in a while.

verriterri
02-11-2019, 04:52 PM
Hi all! The hubs and I just put a deposit down on a 2018 Avalanche 365MB. These weren't even on our radar since they were out of our price range, but we got really lucky with a closeout deal and we couldn't be more excited. I was amazed at the quality of the unit when we walked through and it had everything we really wanted, minus the outdoor kitchen. But who needs the outdoor kitchen when you have a sweet indoor kitchen!

I was wondering if any of you have had any other issues and if you're still completely happy with your purchase. I would love to hear any updates. We take possession on Friday. This will be my hubs first RV, and my second from years ago when I had a 2004 Forest River Surveyor TT that had a major issue with the slide out, hoping to not repeat that experience. He's a little nervous about pulling this monster but he's got the truck to do it - 2009 Ford F350 SRW LB CC.

Can't wait to kiss hotels goodbye and use our new house on wheels! We are even thinking about full-timing in it for a year while we build our house. Any experiences to share would be appreciated!

Terri

E Rod
02-11-2019, 05:59 PM
I had a 2013 Avalanche. It was a great unit. Never any issues. Traded it in on an Alpine. Only reason was because i wanted to upgrade. I've owned two Laredos, one Avalanche, one Avion, and a few others. You may have a few issues as I did with my Alpine but if you're mechanically inclined, you'll be ok. Enjoy your new unit.

Tbos
02-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Do a very detailed delivery inspection. There may be some small issues but you should be able to get those fixed under warranty. The Avalanche and Alpine are made in the same factory with a lower output capacity. We love our Alpine and have had no major issues. Enjoy your new rig. We will be here to help when/if needed.

DanW
06-21-2019, 05:08 AM
Currently have a deposit down on a 2018 330gr. Anybody out there with this model willing to share their experiences with me?

John&Genny
06-22-2019, 11:16 PM
Congrats on the 330GR Dan. We have a 320 RS and love it so far. One thing to be aware of is the dump linkages for the Black and one of the Grey tanks may be reversed and so mislabeled. Seems to be a common malady with Avalanches & Alpines (both built in the same plant). Their workers have a problem reading the prints, or so it seems :)

Hamops
06-23-2019, 02:19 PM
We have 2014 295RL that we bought new in April 2015. For our shakedown run, we towed it over 10,000 miles in about 10 weeks. The only real problem that plagued us was the manual water directional valve. It stopped working the second day out and I had to connect the city water line directly to the cold water header, because the valve keep leaking into the fresh water tank and continually over filling it. This valve problem plagued us for 3 years, until I replaced the whole valve. Apparently there was a manufacturing problem and was not discovered until 2016.
Overall, we like the trailer very much. It's seen many miles (approx. 18,000) and I have had to replace the tires and perform minor repairs to keep it fit for service.

trooper253
07-06-2019, 03:59 AM
I had the same issue. I read that if you turn the valve while it still has water pressure against it the o-rings are damaged, which is what I had done.

NorskeBob
07-06-2019, 04:32 AM
I heard the same and try to re-position the valve when it is not under pressure. We have had ours since April 2017 and no issues with the valve. Has been repositioned a few times under pressure. I have a spare valve kit in case it does fail. O-rings that are not lubricated do dry out and shrink over time.

Found the part - but they no longer carry it.

http://www.fitzilla.com/Store/page188.html

Found it here:
https://www.abcorv.com/product-page/200rv-rk

Avalanche1
07-07-2020, 09:32 AM
Yes! Hello, we on our first trip with our 2021 Avalanche 365mb.

Jacko
07-14-2020, 02:25 AM
Nice to see so many Avalanche Owners over the years. We picked up our 2019 333MK in Dec. 2019 and been out about 25 some days. We wanted a desk in ours so we got the 333MK. Only problem has been the furnace, and they replaced the control board. We never thought about a fireplace, but in Jan. it was 33 degrees for a few mornings, and the furnace did not work, but the fireplace and the heated recliners kept mom very cosy and happy.

Avalanche1
07-14-2020, 05:03 AM
New 2021 Avalanche AC went out on day 2. Got it replaced. The mid bunk room was still hot however. So we cut a small hole in the loft wall and straightened the duck work to the vent. With a hole already cut we were able to move the cable connection and outlet to the center.
Widows leaked on the slide before we left home so we sealed them with silicone caulk.
The 365 MB doesn’t have space for a trash can in the bathroom so we took out the lower panel of the side cabinet and found space there!
What modifications have you done?

The Dogpound
12-04-2022, 08:19 AM
We had the same issue in our 390DS. Buy the RV Airflow foam inserts and install them per the instructions. We did and I can’t believe how fast we can cook our rig down now. They work so well all Grand Designs now come installed with them.

The Dogpound
12-04-2022, 08:36 AM
I use a flexible bladder I keep in my truck with a 12V pump and just pump using my fresh water hose into the regular tank fill connection. Costs a little money, but sure is a lot less work and frustration if you dry camp a lot.

The Dogpound
12-04-2022, 08:39 AM
Buy the RV Airflow foam inserts for your AC units. They work incredibly well and totally get rid of the cooling problem. We installed them in our 390DS and I think it’s one of the best investments I’ve made.

wiredgeorge
12-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Buy the RV Airflow foam inserts for your AC units. They work incredibly well and totally get rid of the cooling problem. We installed them in our 390DS and I think it’s one of the best investments I’ve made.

The individual you appear to be replying to has not been on this site for about 2 1/2 years. While we also have an RV Airflow installed, it won't help an air conditioner that isn't working.