PDA

View Full Version : 2017 398 raptor Furnace

rcmike
02-26-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm having a problem with the furnace clicking off and on with it blowing only cold air. I am going to take a look at it first because everyone knows the dealer might have it for a couple of weeks even though its under warranty. Plus I just am curious and want to learn more about how things work. Question- I heard it may be a board that is bad. is this board on the side of furnace ? I can get to one side of it after taking a panel below un-done but to get to the other side it will involve more than just a panel if there is in doubt a circuit board on that side ? has anyone worked on there furnace on a 398 and can give some insight on the furnace ? thanks

ctbruce
02-27-2017, 03:18 AM
Just a couple of clarifying questions. You have propane and the valves are open? The furnace worked at some point and the air was purged from the line? The thermostat is set to heat? Are your other gas appliances working (stove, water heater)? Is your fan set to auto or is it on all the time? Sorry for all the questions but they will help with getting your furnace up and running. How long have you had your rig? And welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

rcmike
02-27-2017, 06:07 AM
Hi , yes to all your questions . The unit is about 2 months old. It worked when I got it but this last trip at night the furnace did not come on just clicking or cycling and blowing cold air . Thx

PARAPTOR
02-27-2017, 06:57 AM
Just clicking, does it ever ignite ? Roughly how long does it stay lit if it ever ignites?

By the way if I recall John has a post on the forum which describes the furnace sequence. Possibly try a search on furnace or furnace sequence

JRTJH
02-27-2017, 07:03 AM
There is a lot of information about "clicking furnace" on the forum. Do a search for "FURNACE", "NO HEAT" etc and most of them will come up.

Here is the link to the thread mentioned. In post #3 are two links that will give you some very thorough information on furnace operation and on troubleshooting. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27297&highlight=furnace

Ken / Claudia
02-27-2017, 09:38 AM
No reason to leave at the dealer for weeks. Make a appointment. That's what I did Dropped off 1 morning picked up the next afternoon after they replaced the board under the 2 year warranty that the furnace has, not the rv. I checked thermostat, propane and electric at home. It would start, as meaning blowing cold air cycle, click as propane lighting, start to blow warm air and than shut down, as in blowing cold air than off. After looking at the furnace it was clear it needed to be removed to work on it. At that point I questioned if I would void the warranty. A phone call confirmed they said likely the mother board failed and that the unit had to be completely removed and test the board. They stock them. It could be other things wrong in yours but, it has a warranty. I tend to use them when I can.

B-O-B'03
02-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Welcome, from another Plano-ite :)

I was running systems checks on our new trailer, prior to the maiden voyage and the furnace would start, ignition would click, burner would start, it would run for a few seconds and then shut off. That sequence would repeat 2 more times and then it would quit.

I did some digging and found the drain pipe for the kitchen sinks had been cut, by the bozo that roto-zipped the hole in the outside wall for the electrical outlet and water had dumped into the furnace, while I was running the kitchen sinks.

I called my dealer (5 hours away in LA) and they over-nighted me the new controller.

The furnace had to be removed to replace it, but it was not that big of a job and the new board corrected the problem.

Ping me if you have any questions.

-Brian