PDA

View Full Version : Alpine tire mfg?

gnirwin
02-26-2017, 06:54 PM
What Tire brand are on new Alpine 5th wheels?

Ddubya
02-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Mine came with Westlake tires.

Ken / Claudia
02-27-2017, 09:45 AM
To be sure read the sidewall.

1st Chev Diesel
02-27-2017, 10:23 AM
My 2015 came with Provider tires ST235/85R16G

Gary

JRTJH
02-27-2017, 10:44 AM
I agree with Ken. What was installed on any given trailer "last week" likely isn't any indication of what "might or might not" be installed on any given trailer today, tomorrow or next week. We've all read the member complaints about their special order trailer not looking like the brochure, missing cabinets that were in the brochure and/or not even being the same color as the brochure, so that "disclaimer" at the bottom of every brochure stating: "We reserve the right to make changes....." would, in all probability apply to tires just as easily as it does to floorplan, appliances, options, and décor.

I think the only "sure fire way" to know what's installed is to, as Boudreaux says, "cast yo eye on da ting"........

gnirwin
02-27-2017, 12:53 PM
I have a 2015, it came with "G" rated Providers...was just wanting to know what was on the new ones. I have been reading so much about poor quality tires from China. Mine say "regroovable" on the side, funny if they are junk who would ever think of doing that or are the Providers one of the better brands? Did see this review:

"Taskmaster has produced a decent trailer tire in the Provider ST Radial. While we still feel the Maxxis sits alone at the top of this class, this tire is not far behind. Expect to find good traction and stability in addition to a better than average tread life."

ChuckS
02-27-2017, 01:22 PM
In 2014 the Alpine tire was Trailer King. They had so many complaints they upgraded from E rated TK to G rated providers..

I removed my TK tires in 2014 with 3500 miles on them and put G rated tires plus all metal valve stems. No problems yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnirwin
02-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes, I was over in the , Ahem, Montana RV Forums and saw some complaints about tires on new rigs and was curious what Alpine was doing. Thanks for the input guys.

captcolour
04-04-2017, 03:51 PM
My new 2016 Alpine also has the Provider tires. Are these considered "China bombs" or are we OK?

Javi
04-04-2017, 04:11 PM
My new 2016 Alpine also has the Provider tires. Are these considered "China bombs" or are we OK?
BOOM....[emoji12]

Javi

PARAPTOR
04-04-2017, 06:14 PM
BOOM....[emoji12]

Javi

A man of minimum words :lol::lol:

captcolour
04-04-2017, 06:23 PM
And the word I didn't want to hear!

bobbecky
04-04-2017, 10:08 PM
The Provider tire is described as,

'Constructed with double steel belts and double polyester cords for a long life

Bake tested to ensure that the rubber holds over time

Nylon tread-firming belt overlays help prevent tread separation'

If these are G rated tires, they are not like all the other all steel G rated tires, so I don't think they will be in my future. They sound exactly like the lower quality E rated tires.

Frank G
04-04-2017, 11:50 PM
It appears that Keystone uses a lot of Provider tires across there product line. I have no qualifications to judge the quality of the tire, but let me say I've had high end Goodyear's that where just plane junk and no support. 3 of the 4 exploded within the 1st year.

The issue I have is the tires on the "17" Laredo made in Nov 16 has tires dated (3415) :nonono:

busterbrown
04-05-2017, 12:29 AM
The more I read about trailer tires, the more I realize there are 5 main variables to premature tire failures.
1. Age
2. Insufficient load rating margins
3. Excessive speed
4. Improper inflation pressures.
5. Environmental influences (uv destruction / ground cover)

Minimize these risk factors and you'll maximize tire service life. Age is your concern. 3-5 years is acceptable if you know the history. I'd look for replacements within the next 2 years

ChuckS
04-06-2017, 12:19 PM
I think the Provide G rated tires will do you just fine.. They are 14 ply steel belted radial with load rating of 4080 at 110 psi... if you maintain cold tire pressure at 110, keep speeds at 65 or less I'd bet they will last 4 to 5 years...

I run an off brand G rated 14 ply LT 235/85x16 tire from Les Schwab tires on my 12K Alpine.. all metal valve stems, 110 psi.. Run Tpms system and tires run at acceptable temps and prsssures... much, much better than the Trailer King junk I removed...

Yes, they are made in China... So.... My Toyo tires on the pickup are also made in China...

carwheel_09
04-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Had 4 Michelin LT/235/16 Ribs plus a spare on my 2014 Montana. Carried them over from my trade as they were new put them on the new rims. They did great but after a stop at the Cat scales I took them off. Five of them sitting in the shop collecting dust. They are E rated and a excellent tires, but they are rated at 3042 lbs load. Works fine for a fifth wheel or bumper pull with a dry weight of 10k or so. They didn't give me much reserve weight capacity. Went with Maxxis 808 which seem fine. RV sits in a large metal shop so I hope to get another year out of them. When they get replaced it will be with Saliun's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk