PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day camping

Eddie A.
02-21-2017, 08:18 PM
Hi All, we're new to RV camping but are going to hopefully be buying a Cougar Xlite 29BHS this weekend as it arrived at Curtis Trailers in Oregon today!

We're in need of recommendations for a good place to camp with full hookups in WA or OR for Memorial Day.

So far, I've found that the size of the trailer (34' hitch to rear bumper) is a bit restrictive for WA State Park. We really wanted to stay at Fort Worden State Park but it seems we missed the boat on that one; reservations just opened today during they're already all booked up all booked up!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Murphsmom
02-22-2017, 08:12 AM
You are probably running a bit late to find a reservable full hookup site for Memorial Day. That said, you might try Cape Disappointment on Washington's Long Beach peninsula or even Ft Stevens on the Oregon side of the river. Both are fairly large campgrounds, so they could possibly still have some availability.

notanlines
02-22-2017, 09:01 AM
Eddie, you're in luck:
Mt Hood Village RV Resort
65000 E. Hwy 26 Welches, OR 97067
They have sites available right now and they're $51 a night. We've stayed there and it is a nice, secure place. Better hurry!

Tbos
02-22-2017, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new rig.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green

jsmith948
02-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Grayland Beach is a nice park as well - but you may be too late for Memorial Day.

Eddie A.
02-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Thanks for all the recommendations!

The beach won out the mountain (Mt. Hood). DW decided she wants to go to LaConner RV resort in LaConner WA just outside Anacortes.

http://www.rvonthego.com/washington/la-conner-rv-camping-resort/

Anybody here ever been to this resort? Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyCain
02-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the Forum from Michigan.. Don't like the wild traffic to and from on holiday weekends, so i stay off the roads.. :) Enjoy your rig

:camping:

rhagfo
02-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Well the Oregon Coast is just a short drive from Olympia, we use to do it all the time. Come down and enjoy, not all costal parks have full hookup, but we do have dump stations.