PDA

View Full Version : Dryer vent installation

Jean Cherry
02-19-2017, 07:33 AM
We just purchased a 2011 Montana 3750FL and want to place a stackable washer dryer instead of a combo but we need to cut a dryer vent hole & need some advice before making that cut.

chuckster57
02-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Best advice I can give you is measure 3 times. Once your sure where you want the hole, take a long small drill bit and drill through the wall from the inside all the way through. Then use painters tape to cover the diameter of the hole on the exterior wall. When you use the hole saw, drill from the outside so,you don't splinter the exterior wall. Once your deep enough to see the pilot bit inside, finish drilling from the inside.

Jean Cherry
02-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Thank you for all the advice.

geobet
02-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Just installed one in my High Country yesterday. Good advice to measure repeatedly. I used an eighth inch bit and drilled a pilot hole. First though, I used a stud finder both inside and outside and marked the studs with painters tape.....then, this is me holding my breath, I drilled with a 4 1/8" hole saw from the inside to the backside of the exterior, then finished drilling from the outside. Very minor splintering on a small portion of the very edge of the exterior easily - dressed the rough edges with some 400 grit wet sandpaper. You can do it! Easy peezy!

Jean Cherry
02-19-2017, 01:40 PM
I hope we can report back with an easy story too......fingers crossed.

chuckster57
02-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Take your time, make sure the hole saw is sharp. Don't put a lot of pressure on the drill and it will come out clean.