PDA

View Full Version : Battery Power not Getting to Unit

FlowerChild
02-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Well, I haven't left the driveway yet and already have a problem. The 5th wheel is not getting power. The 2 12V batteries are fully charged. When I turn on the battery power - nothing! What do I need to check and how?

I need to close the slides, raise the jacks, etc. to move the 5er tomorrow. Anyone had this problem?

Flower :banghead:

chuckster57
02-12-2017, 05:33 PM
start at the 12V positive lead going to the trailer. Using a test light or Ohm meter, make sure you have 12V going to the trailer. If you have a battery cut off switch, make sure it's in the correct position and if it is, cycle it.

If you installed the second battery, then you may have popped a reverse polarity fuse at the fuse panel when hooking up the leads. That fuse should be a 40A fuse separate from the row of fuses. If you installed the second battery are you sure you hooked positive to positive and negative to negative.

FlowerChild
02-13-2017, 10:10 AM
Thanks a bunch. Power now working. It was an inline fuse. Replaced the fuse and all is well.
Certainly appreciate the response.

PARAPTOR
02-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Thanks for getting back to us with your findings. :applause: This is how we learn from each other. Again Thanks