PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Outback 255UBH Dual Grey Tanks

tm826
02-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Hello everybody,

We just picked up a new 2017 Outback 255UBH. The specs said it has a grey capacity of 60 Gallons - perfect! During delivery, the slide was out so we didn't notice it had 2 grey tank dump valves. Are the galley and grey tanks connected? The galley tank dump is in a horrible location (under the slide).

TIA

Lee
02-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Hi,

My Cougar 21RBSWE is exactly the same way,.... and No they are not connected.

Take care,
Lee

skikrazee
02-12-2017, 12:24 PM
My Sprinter 29BH is the same way and is not connected to the other grey tank.
Just remember to hook up your drain hose prior to setting the slide out.
I typically dry camp and dump when I get back to the storage lot so not an issue for me.

JRTJH
02-12-2017, 01:06 PM
My Cougar 27RKS also has dual gray tanks, one in front for the shower/bath sink and one in the rear for the kitchen sink. They each have a dump valve located at the tank exit, but they are plumbed so the drains all connect at one "sewer dump". So, you may be fortunate and find that you'll only need one sewer hose or you may find the tank drains are not plumbed together. In that situation, you can use two hoses for "dual drains" or you can buy a "Y" connector and connect your sewer hoses so you can drain without having to connect/switch/disconnect your dump hose.

As for the location of the tank drain handle, mine is also "knee deep" under the slide. I devised a handle to use to reach under the slide and pull the handle open or close it, however it's not in a convenient location, that's for sure !!!!!

Bob Landry
02-14-2017, 11:58 AM
If there is a dump valve handle for each grey tank, then they are not plumbed together. You will also find that one will fill a lot faster than the other. My solution to this is to keep the main dump valve shut off, as well as the black tank valve, and open the two grey water dump valves. This allows the tanks to fill at the same rate since water is going to seek it's own level in each tank. I do it this way so when camping for several days in parks with no sewer hookup, I only have to dump the grey tanks in the blue tote and haul grey water every three days or so. We use the parks facilities a lot so we never have to dump the black tank during a stay.