PDA

View Full Version : Dometic 320 toilet

skikrazee
02-09-2017, 04:47 PM
I just bought a Dometic 320 porcelain toilet to replace the plastic Dometic in my new travel trailer.

I am having trouble getting the base to sit level on the floor. when comparing the 2 bases they look exactly alike. If I remove the rubber gasket then it sits flush on the floor, I even tried swapping gaskets thinking that would do the trick.

The base is tightened down to the ring as tight as it will go without popping the bolts through the ring.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Chris

slow
02-09-2017, 05:49 PM
I installed a 320 to replace our noisy 300. I used the new gasket and had no issues with the 320 sitting on the floor.

Note that the 320 is deeper front to back than some other toilets including the 300. Is the rear of the 320 resting against the wall and preventing it from sitting level on the floor?

skikrazee
02-09-2017, 06:33 PM
At first it was but I repositioned the bracket and angled the toilet with the back towards the shower so now it is unobstructed.

concours
02-10-2017, 10:02 AM
I seem to remember a previous post about someone having a similar problem and it turned out that the new toilet came with a gasket installed and the installer had installed a second gasket. just a thought.

skikrazee
02-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Well after several more hours and a lot of cussing I finally got it installed correctly. Long story short RV closet flanges are made of ABS and typical stick and brick flanges are PVC. Well, I pulled the flange out to try and replace with a low profile metal flange. Nope, ABS vs PVC. :banghead:

After putting the flange back in place a rotated it a little more to get a better angle on it and redrilled the holes for the screws to mount to the floor and everything worked out great.