PDA

View Full Version : No power to autolevel

EVMIII
01-30-2017, 01:04 PM
I went out this morning to start prepping my Alpine for a weekend camping trip and have no power to my leveling system keypad. The rest of the camper has power, battery is fully charged, hooked to 50 amp power. Fuses all look good, no breakers tripped but a dead keypad. I have an extended service contract through the dealer and they are sending somebody out (sometime), anything else I can check in the meantime? Lucky I ended up with the service contract after the converter failed, since then the fridge crapped out and now the leveler. Very frustrating!

chuckster57
01-30-2017, 01:24 PM
It won't be a breaker since the leveling system is 12V. Is it level up (hydraulic) or ground control (electric)?

EVMIII
01-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Update 1. My diagnosis was premature. I went back out and checked the slides, nothing. Everything working of 110 is working, nothing from 12 volt. Sounds like a converter problem again. Still crappy, but easier to fix.

EVMIII
01-31-2017, 05:51 PM
Tech from dealer showed up today, problem turned out to be in the battery disconnect switch. A connection problem, repaired, back in business.

chuckster57
01-31-2017, 06:45 PM
Glad it was an easy fix.

ChuckS
02-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Glad your problem was a simple fix.. what was wrong with the power disconnect switch? Do you use it much?
Also bummer you had trouble with fridge. What was the problem with it?

I have the same year and model you do.. so far other than a few cosmetic issue with inside trim and a squealing slide out ( that I fixed ) ours has been very good...

EVMIII
02-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Glad your problem was a simple fix.. what was wrong with the power disconnect switch? Do you use it much?
Also bummer you had trouble with fridge. What was the problem with it?

I have the same year and model you do.. so far other than a few cosmetic issue with inside trim and a squealing slide out ( that I fixed ) ours has been very good...

I don't ever use the battery disconnect, but I did jostle things around in there trying out some battery configurations. Looked ok, but maybe I did something.

The frig just stopped cooling, wouldn't chill below about 50. They replaced some internal piece under warranty, works great now.

Also had the charger go bad on the converter. Also replaced under warranty.

Like you, had a couple trim issues I resolved myself.

Love the camper, I don't normally get extended warranty but because I read so much about the lack of quality control on all RVs I did and have got my money's worth. All trips have been with in a couple hundred miles, planning our first big trip in Aug (Yellowstone, Teton, Glacier, Rushmore), hoping to get through all these issues before the big trip.

Anybody with a Alpine convert to to 6v's? Space is very tight on the existing battery tray. I think I'm going to start a new post for the battery question.

weevedogg
03-01-2023, 09:29 PM
This happened to me and I believe there is an in line fuse and believe it was by the hydraulic pump or in the wiring from Battery box to level control panel in the front storage box where the wiring is on the ceiling