PDA

View Full Version : Manual slide operation in Cougar 276 RLS

Moki
05-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Just got our new Cougar 276 RLS last month and the dealer can't tell us how to manually operate the slide. Have no problem now but I'm one that likes to be prepared when the time comes. Can anyone tell me how to do this and where the fuse is located. Thanks for the great forum. Moki

Festus2
05-08-2011, 09:51 AM
On our unit ('08 Cougar 27RKS), the manual crank is located on the underbelly - about 1 ft in front of the front passenger side tire and about 2 ft in from the steps. There is a small, square cut-out and flap (about 6in square) in the black coroplast underbelly material. Open the flap and you will find a 3/4in hex nut which you can crank with a rachet. Before cranking, you should disconnect the wires to the motor as it may cause damage to the motor if you don't.
Yours may be in a different location, but I would look underneath for such a cutout/flap.
Can't help you with the fuse location --- haven't found it yet either!

Moki
05-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the info. I don't have a flap, but at least I now know where to start to look.

larrygranny1
05-10-2011, 05:13 AM
thank you !!!! wondered the same thing, now I know what the cutout is for. lol

hankaye
05-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Howdy All;

Noticed the "flap" when I got under the unit while I was doing the PDI asked the tech. and was told that it was where I would have to crank the Slide from if it quit in the elect. mode. Not sure if he'd have told me if I hadn't asked...

Thinking of how you (Festus2), described the location I'd venture to say that it is at it inboard end of the front track section.

Ablsolutly NO idea where the fuse / circut breaker is located... maybe when I drop the cloroplast to see what's where I might find it. If I do I'll be sure to post where I find mine. Not sayin' that where ya'll might find your's might be close though.

hankaye