PDA

View Full Version : Newbie About to Buy X-Lite 30 RLI or 28 RLs

Tunericks
01-26-2017, 06:09 PM
I am about 4 days out from trading my Flagstaff 2008 Fifth Wheel in on one of the above models (depending upon which will fit best on our leased campsite). RV will not be towed once set up in our campground in Blairsville, GA. Would love to hear from X-Lite owners what you love/hate about your campers BEFORE I purchase.

So lay it on me!

chuckster57
01-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:
Lots of great people and tons of excellent information here. Hopefully someone with the model your interested in will chime in.

theallde
01-26-2017, 07:46 PM
We have a 2015 30RLI and love it, great floor plan and have had only one small problem (the 12' slide out would start and stop, start and stop but once I replace the 12v30amp auto fuse, it corrected the problem).

We utilize the travel trailer about 5 months out of the year and have put 8, 419 miles on it, so it gets used.

W chose the 30RLI trailer because the recliners look directly at the TV and the fireplace (which we used more that the furnace) plus with the opposing slide outs extended it has a very open feeling.

The mods that we have done are: replaced the bedroom vent with an A/C, replace the tires with Carslie HD tires and TireMinders TPMS, added slide out drawers in the kitchen and under the island (getting too old to constantly bend over).

The total length of 37' trailer worried me at first, I have gotten use to towing/backing and on the open road I don't even know that it is behind me. Our tow vehicle is diesel and we utilize Pilot/Flying J truck stops for fuel (good discount with their credit card obtained via Good Sam).

PM me with any questions you may have and good luck ...... Don

Tbos
01-27-2017, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Let us know what you decide and post some pictures when it's all set up.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green

ctbruce
01-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Be sure post some pictures and brag about your purchase! That's 1/2 the fun!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

shov
01-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum, from Big Sky Country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tunericks
01-29-2017, 06:40 AM
Went to the leased campsite yesterday to measure so that we would know for sure which unit to purchase. We will be going with the xlite 30rli and are excited that we are gaining extra space and even some luxury! Hoping to seal the deal tomorrow afternoon provided they haven't sold that particular unit. Have even been able to persuade a friend who is a retired aircraft mechanic and has owned many RVs to go and help me inspect the unit. Will take some pics while at Camping World to post and more in a few weeks after it is set up on the campsite.

Tbos
01-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Sounds great. Enjoy that rig. We are looking forward to seeing pictures of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edwprr
02-03-2017, 01:54 PM
We bought our 30RLI in April 2016,and absolutely love it.We have had no problems with it at all.This is our 2nd travel trailer we've owned,and would highly recommend it.

bigracenut
02-08-2017, 06:48 AM
Love to see some pics when your setup!

PARAPTOR
02-08-2017, 10:27 AM
:wlcm: to the Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your selection Cougar X-Lite 30RLI !! ENOY :D

Good move to bring anyone with you to inspect the unit at the dealer. Remember the forum offers a PDI list as a guide.

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping: