PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cougar 327res- adding second AC

redmaxx
01-23-2017, 05:00 PM
I will be adding the second (bedroom) AC myself- being the fifth wheel is mid profile , is a low profile AC really needed? (little pricey on the low profile's)

Any brands to stay away from? (non ducted, 13.5k, standard unit)

sourdough
01-23-2017, 05:19 PM
I don't know where your 2nd AC will go in relation to your trailer but if it's at the front.....that's why we installed a low profile unit. It wasn't that much more expensive than a comparable 13.5k unit - if at all. Dometic Penguin II and we've been happy with it. And, :wlcm: to the forum!

redmaxx
01-23-2017, 05:58 PM
Thanks Sourdough- Glad to hear a positive for the Penguin II- ive been racking my brain trying to figure out which brand I should go with- Seems most will be a little noisy as it wont be ducted and pretty close to your head. Looking to add the second to get the temps down quicker in the summer days

sourdough
01-23-2017, 06:19 PM
We like the noise. When we travel you never know what's going to be going on outside and I'm a light sleeper...and it takes me a LONG time to get to sleep so noise is a good thing. Folks have different views on the various AC products but we've been using ours since 3/14 and we've been happy with Dometic (our 15k is a Dometic as well). We also like to sleep cold so the bedroom AC is great! Good luck on your search.

wogg
01-23-2017, 07:50 PM
I put in the Dometic Penguin II and we love it. I went with the low profile because I saw no reason to make the 5er any taller than necessary. The install was very easy. You will not be sorry you went with the Dometic Penguin II.