PDA

View Full Version : Hot water reroute to kitchen sink, no wasted water (Cross Post MOC)

Elk4me
01-16-2017, 07:27 PM
My Mountaineer 375FLF has the hot water tank in the pantry/clothes washer closet. It is not more than ten feet from the kitchen sink. We timed the amount of time it took to get hot water to the sink. 20+ seconds. A lot of wasted water if you are dry camping. I know a plumber(me)so my wife talked him into rerouting the hot water line from the tank to the sink. I cut in a tee at the water heater and ran it through the cabinet to the sink, capped off the line where it came from the underbelly and connected to the faucet. It now takes less than 6 seconds to get the hot water.

chuckster57
01-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Bam! Sounds like you did good, what did you charge her? :D

Outback 325BH
01-19-2017, 09:40 AM
My Mountaineer 375FLF has the hot water tank in the pantry/clothes washer closet. It is not more than ten feet from the kitchen sink. We timed the amount of time it took to get hot water to the sink. 20+ seconds. A lot of wasted water if you are dry camping. I know a plumber(me)so my wife talked him into rerouting the hot water line from the tank to the sink. I cut in a tee at the water heater and ran it through the cabinet to the sink, capped off the line where it came from the underbelly and connected to the faucet. It now takes less than 6 seconds to get the hot water.

Nice job.

That is also 15 seconds less of cold water entering the water heater shocking it... which adds up while dry camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk