PDA

View Full Version : Keystone warrantee

schmeg
01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
We will be planning a cross country trip this August and will be passing through Goshen. Our Fuzion will be 10 months old by then. Does anyone know if Keystone performs warrantee work right at the factory or do we need to use an authorized service center.

JRTJH
01-15-2017, 01:23 PM
To my knowledge, Keystone does not perform any warranty work at the factory. There are a couple of exceptions to that "pretty much hard and fast rule"... They do "cater" to Montana owners and have 4 full hookup sites just behind the Customer Service building designated as "Montana Overnight Facilities". So apparently they do some "customer satisfaction stuff" for Montana owners. Other than that, except for the occasional "return to the factory for rebuilding" of major problems, all the rest are "dealer service issues"....

If you're thinking about stopping by the factory to have a slide adjusted and a water pump looked at (or those kinds of issues) you can call Customer Service, but I'm pretty sure you'll be told to see your dealer for warranty work.

You might want to spend an afternoon at the factory and take in one of the "plant tours". They provide orientation tours for most of Keystone's brands, on different days and at different times. Most often, the tours are conducted AFTER the plant closes, so at best, you'll only see one or two people on overtime at the plant. That's more for insurance/safety concerns than "hiding the workers"..... It's an educational afternoon, that's for sure !!!

sourdough
01-15-2017, 05:38 PM
I have just went through this process last week (trying to take a trailer to the factory for a repair) and was told they will do nothing for an individual without it going through an authorized dealer and then that decision being made between the dealer and Keystone. You do not have an option "visit the factory" for a repair - and I offered to pay "premium" rates if they would.

schmeg
01-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Jay

dcg9381
01-17-2017, 12:29 PM
I've had factory warranty work done. To get it done, I had to go through 4 repair attempts at the dealer for one issue and call into question the dealer's work on another issue (loss of value). Before they would accept it back to the factory, Keystone sent a technical representative down to look at it while it was at the dealer and determine that the dealer was unable to make the necessary repairs. It took over a year to get the authorization - and a bit of a legal nudge... 220+ days in repair total.

Javi
01-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Keystone has a warranty????.?

Javi

sourdough
01-17-2017, 05:15 PM

Javi

Javi...Javi....Of course they have a warranty. I've had good success with them but it takes a while:whistling: And a lot of arm twisting:banghead:

chuckster57
01-17-2017, 08:38 PM

Javi

They all do...some just require more agility (jumping through hoops). Keystone isn't the worst by far.