PDA

View Full Version : Offer on our home accepted

msubobcats
01-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Our offer has been accepted. Today is a paperwork day with the realtor. Now we can finish getting non essentials packed up.
The buyers looked at it 2 weeks ago on at that time the worst weather we had had. They countered the next day on the coldest day and accepted the counter on Friday the 13th... With the weather we have had it will not be fun finishing up.
Move will be to the Coeur d'Alene area. Will probably be staying with our kids there. They have very close friends that have a storage business so that is arranged. I do have one question to throw out, a moving company or a U-Haul type and getting family to help load here and hire Church youth there to unload into the storage unit...
May look into a new home up there since housing is fairly inexpensive... But that is getting a bit ahead of the game...
Anyway, a new adventure. Been in our home here for 26 years.

66joej
01-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Personally I would move myself if you can get help with the heavy stuff.
Have done both and always have something lost or broken with the moving companies. A few times they "lost" irreplaceable items. Claim turns into a fight about how much they asses the value of items. Just my personal opinion.
Best of luck in your new adventure.

chuckster57
01-14-2017, 12:49 PM
When we moved into our current house 16 years ago, we did it all by ourselves with family. A few years ago my buddy moved to Georgia. He had been living in his Montana for 7 years and had all his "house" stuff in storage. Flew out and three of us stuffed everything into a rental truck.

In both cases, nothing was damaged or lost. I would do it yourself if you can. A detailed inventory of what goes will help you decide if it's better to DIY or hire it out. 26 years can mean an accumulation of lots of "stuff", in our case 16 years has brought 4 grandfather clocks, and untold tools. Anyway, congrats on your sale and best of luck on your new chapter.

Tbos
01-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Hope all goes well with your move. Having been in the military I have done moves every way possible. Good luck.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green

msubobcats
01-14-2017, 02:31 PM
We have already "divested ourselves" of lots of stuff...
One of the ideas is to get our big strapping grandson and some of his stout friends to load here and then when we hit the storage unit get a group of our Grandson's friends and some of his Youth Group that he heads up in Hayden.....
Yes, a new adventure.

Murphsmom
01-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Welcome to Idaho!

JRTJH
01-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Rick,

Congratulations on the sale of your home and best wishes as you start the next chapter !!! Enjoy and keep in touch !!!

msubobcats
01-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Thanks...
Been our dream for quite a while. We really need to leave the Titanic here.

koko
01-19-2017, 08:54 AM
My daughter and her family had a cabin in Sand Point. I'd never been to Northern Idaho and found it one of the most beautiful places in the U.S. With beetle damaged pine trees in Wyoming, the trees there were absolutely breathtaking, green and healthy!

msubobcats
01-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Welcome to Idaho!

We absolutely love Idaho. Been visiting there for probably 11-12 years. Several family members are living in Hayden/ Post Falls.
Just have to get out of california.

msubobcats
01-21-2017, 09:50 AM
Now the biggest challenge is trying to move. Most everything is packed and stored in two of the back bedrooms.
We need the snow to stop. FEET of snow is making things difficult. The contract with the realtor had expired but we told her that just keep it available. Little did we realize!!!!!
Oh well.

Murphsmom
01-21-2017, 06:48 PM
As I said before...Welcome to Idaho! This really is an exceptional winter. Hope you get a clear window and can get on the road soon