PDA

View Full Version : New Member Checking in

lazeelegs
01-07-2017, 06:22 PM
My husband and I are both in our early 60's. We decided to buy a travel trailer so that we can get away from the house and stress and have fun. We bought a 2006 Keystone Zeppelin II 242. We love the layout of it. We have a grandaughter that loves the bunks.

We purchased it from the original owners and I don't think they used it very much after the first few years. it is in excellent shape.

We have camped once or twice in the last 15 years so we are newbies.

We are very much looking forward to meeting new friends in our travels and of course grand new adventures .

Also getting to know our fellow keystone owners on this forum.

We live in Alabama,,,War Eagle

Any advice for newbies and the tt we purchased would be much appreciated,

Kim Curtis Bob Curtis
2006 keystone Zep II 242
2014 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with jeep tow package
and brake control

CaptnJohn
01-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Welcome! You said you have camped couple times~~ in your new camper or? How much have used your camper? Any problems or questions ~~ this is a good place to start.

66joej
01-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
You will find lots of good info here.

chuckster57
01-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Congrats on your new to you RV. You've come to the right place for lots of great information and tons of great people. Only advice I can give you is use it and if any issues arise, feel free to ask here.

lazeelegs
01-07-2017, 07:16 PM
we have tent camped in the past. Never in the new tt. We are having the wheel bearings checked first. Dont know when they were lubed last.

ctbruce
01-08-2017, 03:46 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new to you rig! The memories are just beginning!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

14george
01-08-2017, 04:35 AM
Welcome to the fourm congrats x2 what everyone above said:wlcm:

BrentB
01-08-2017, 05:04 AM
we have tent camped in the past. Never in the new tt. We are having the wheel bearings checked first. Dont know when they were lubed last.

It's good that you're having the bearings (and hopefully brakes) serviced. Another thing to check is the age of the tires. It is recommended to replace tires at 5 years, regardless of how much tread is left.
http://www.tirebuyer.com/education/how-to-determine-the-age-of-your-tires

I would also sanitize the plumbing system.
https://www.rvtrader.com/research/news-reviews/press-room/rv-how-tips-sanitize-your-rv-water-system

And have fun!

JimQ
01-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the forum! We also are in our 60's, ( the early part LOL ) and yes the grandkids love to come with us and we love having them for a weekend getaway. Best of luck with your trailer and have fun?

Tbos
01-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. We are in our very late 50's, if you know what I mean. We love camping in our TT and the grandkids love it when they can come along too. Have fun. If you have any issues let us know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk