PDA

View Full Version : Passport 2400BH Bunk Ladder

skane
01-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Hi Folks,

I just purchased a 2016 Keystone Passport 2400BH and am going to pick it up on Saturday - I am VERY excited.

Question about the bunks.

Did the Passport come with some sort of a ladder to the top bunk? I didn't see one in the camper when I toured it and didn't realize it until after I got home. I have a message out to the sales guy but thought I'd run it past you guys to get opinions on how you are getting your little kids up and down from the top bunks safely?

Thanks,
Sean

canesfan
01-05-2017, 12:44 PM
The ladder is usually stuck somewhere, like under a mattress, if it comes with one, to keep it from banging around while in transit. You find all sorts of things hidden away in odd places when you get it, depending if the dealer found them all or not.

51ferguson
01-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Hello Skane and congrats on the new camper. It probably does not come with a ladder. My 2016 Passport 2670BH did not come with a ladder and I bought it new. When I inquired about the bunk ladder I was told it does not come with it, so I bought one at the rv supply store and made the grand kids happy. Hope you enjoy your new camper, we were originally looking at a 2400BH and then decided to go with the 2670 to get a little more room.
Billy

busterbrown
01-05-2017, 07:09 PM
I purchased this bunk ladder (https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-LA-460-60-Bunk-Ladder/dp/B0050EIUOY) from amazon last year for my bunk house. You can size it by hacksawing the legs so the angle of incline is appropriate with the height of your top bunk. It has nylon wrapped j hooks at the top that prevent scratches to the wood fascia. It's extremely light and stows easily on top or under the mattress. It's currently $8.00 cheaper than what I paid. :banghead:

whitmw
01-06-2017, 08:00 AM
I have this exact same model. Sorry does not come with a ladder. There are a few things you need to watch for on the roof. There is no support on the roof where the front cap and roof meet. You really need to watch the caulking there. Have seen several where leaks have developed there. This was actually pointed out to me at the dealership during some warranty work. Mine was OK but there was a couple that was not. That being said, its still a great camper and we love ours.

skane
01-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Thanks Everyone!! Now that I know that it didn't come with one I think I'm going to just build one :)

Sean

4LowNGo
01-10-2017, 05:00 PM
I have the bullet 230bh and had to get one off amazon

skane
02-08-2017, 07:38 PM
I have this exact same model. Sorry does not come with a ladder. There are a few things you need to watch for on the roof. There is no support on the roof where the front cap and roof meet. You really need to watch the caulking there. Have seen several where leaks have developed there. This was actually pointed out to me at the dealership during some warranty work. Mine was OK but there was a couple that was not. That being said, its still a great camper and we love ours.

Good to know whitmw. I will keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

{tpc}
02-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Mine did not come with a bunk ladder. My son has learned how to pop up on the top bunk, and after 2 years nothing has broken or anything like that. Helps he weighs about 90 lbs soaking wet lol.

I've not dared to go on the roof. In fact I paid to have vent covers put on, even though they are easy, and not cheap when the dealer installs them lol, but they had scaffolding to be able to do the job easily without going right onto the roof.

spokedintheeye
02-10-2017, 09:21 PM
I purchased this bunk ladder (https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-LA-460-60-Bunk-Ladder/dp/B0050EIUOY) from amazon last year for my bunk house. You can size it by hacksawing the legs so the angle of incline is appropriate with the height of your top bunk. It has nylon wrapped j hooks at the top that prevent scratches to the wood fascia. It's extremely light and stows easily on top or under the mattress. It's currently $8.00 cheaper than what I paid. :banghead:
I have the same. It's great.

Sent by me