PDA

View Full Version : Storing 5'er on the Level-Up jacks

schmeg
12-29-2016, 04:47 PM
Was just wondering if its OK to store my Fuzion through the cold winter on its Lippert Level-Up jack system. All the units at the dealer are configured this way, so I am under the assumption it is fine. Thanks. jay.

66joej
12-29-2016, 05:27 PM
I would think it should be OK. The jacks don't know if it's 2 days or 2 months. No frame distortion. IMHO

ChuckS
12-31-2016, 01:05 PM
Yep you'll have no problems.. on our fourth season with our six point level up.. two suggestions..
.. place wooden blocks under each pad at least 2 inches thick or better to minimize amount of ram piston exposed to weather

.. wipe the surface of each of the exposed struts with transmission fluid..leave a little bit in the surface and this will protect it..

... before using beginning of next season rewipe those struts again with transmission fluid

chuckster57
12-31-2016, 02:48 PM
LCI recommends spraying the exposed rods with silicone lubricant every 3 months for protection, and every 4-6 weeks in salty environment.

Tm98
12-31-2016, 06:21 PM
There is also a spray called fluid film that is great at keeping things lubricated and protected. It also lasts a very long time. Lowes sells it also.

http://www.fluid-film.com

schmeg
01-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Thanks a lot for the advice. I've already got 2x10 pads under the feet. I will lube up the struts.

nellie1289
01-04-2017, 10:03 AM
LCI recommends spraying the exposed rods with silicone lubricant every 3 months for protection, and every 4-6 weeks in salty environment.

Hey chuckster you got a brandrecommendation for this? anything off amazon you would recommend?

nellie1289
01-04-2017, 10:51 AM
actually I contacted lippert and they recommended this

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Industrial-Performance-Lubricant-weight/dp/B000P1E7ZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483555454&sr=8-1&keywords=crc+power+lube+with+ptfe

also from the reviews it looks like a good product to use on your slide gears.

chuckster57
01-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Hey chuckster you got a brandrecommendation for this? anything off amazon you would recommend?

We have a Kent supplier at work and I don't have hydraulic jacks so I use what we have in the shop.

xcntrk
01-06-2017, 05:56 AM
Just an observation here; I had an issue fully retracting all landing from a prolonged storage. Had to move my trailer between storage locations recently. Had the truck hooked up, hit the retract all option, and one of the front landing gear didn't fully retract leaving a good 6~10" exposed. Panic started to set in as it was hanging down too low to move the unit any distance on the road. Then I went into manual mode commanded the front to retract. Sure enough, the gear ran on up.

There must be an ability to reset the fully retracted position on the command unit. Best I can guess is that the change in temperature (aka cold) affected the hydraulic fluid. So at whatever level of fluid the controller "thought" was fully retracted, ended up not being the case in the very cold weather. Anyway, didn't take any action from this and plan to reassess in the spring opening.

Anybody else seen this?

chuckster57
01-06-2017, 07:27 AM
The pump doesn't use fluid level for operation. It will shut off (in auto mode) based on pressure.

sandy43
01-06-2017, 07:45 AM
The pump doesn't use fluid level for operation. It will shut off (in auto mode) based on pressure.

You are correct. Over the past 5 yrs using my 6-point leveler I've experienced everything that can and will happen to the system. All is fixable in manual mode and/or resetting the leveler. I even had to change out the circuit board, which Lippert sent me a new one.
Sandy

schmeg
01-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Just an observation here; I had an issue fully retracting all landing from a prolonged storage. Had to move my trailer between storage locations recently. Had the truck hooked up, hit the retract all option, and one of the front landing gear didn't fully retract leaving a good 6~10" exposed. Panic started to set in as it was hanging down too low to move the unit any distance on the road. Then I went into manual mode commanded the front to retract. Sure enough, the gear ran on up.

There must be an ability to reset the fully retracted position on the command unit. Best I can guess is that the change in temperature (aka cold) affected the hydraulic fluid. So at whatever level of fluid the controller "thought" was fully retracted, ended up not being the case in the very cold weather. Anyway, didn't take any action from this and plan to reassess in the spring opening.

Anybody else seen this?

I almost exclusively use manual mode all the time until the final leveling of the coach. I enter "auto-level" at that time. Other than that, I use manual mode for all operations. Seems to work good for me.

xcntrk
01-09-2017, 04:08 AM
I see... So this issue could still be due to the cold and change in hydraulic fluid (pressure)? IDK, maybe colder and therefore thicker fluid increasing pressure?